• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to get from the center of Paris to DLP with luggage?

MinnieYC

DIS Veteran
DH and I *may* be visiting Paris and DLP this spring (either that or WDW, haven't decided yet). For the first time, we're hoping to spend at least one night at DLP; we've only done day trips before. :cool1:

Well, for the day trips from Paris to DLP, the RER was perfect- cheap, easy, and fast! But we're realizing that this might not work for this trip, as the RER will probably be difficult when we have our suitcases.

So, how has anyone here gotten from the center of Paris to DLP besides the RER? We probably wouldn't mind another form of train that would have ramps/elevators/escalators/etc to access it, but if a taxi or car service is similar in price, this would probably be more comfortable.

Thanks! ::MinnieMo

I wouldn't know for sure, but I think the regular train also goes to DLP from one of the main stations (I know I had to change there once) A taxi or car service would probably be much more expensive. If you can do DLP on your first or last day you can then take a bus directly to the airport, saving you a transfer trip.

try www.sncf.fr for the french train service

I took my luggage on the RER, but I only had one 22" suitcase and a carry on.

itd probably be a bit of a squeeze when ur first in paris, but get on the red line that goes to marne la valley chessey

once your outside of paris you should be ok and have some space to move

We have taken the train 2 different times with 2 adults and 2 teenagers and four 22" suitcases and a couple of backpacks. It is really not that bad as long as everything is on rollers.

There isn't a train from the city center out to disney besides the RER. There is a train station at disney but the trains come from the north (London , Brussels , Lille , CDG airport) and go to the south (Lyon, Montpellier, Marseilles) without going into downtown Paris.

A taxi would cost around 55 or 60 euros. If you are staying in a disney hotel you may want to check with the hotel. I think they have a shuttle that goes into Paris for day trips so I bet you could ride it back out to the park.

We took the train from Paris to DLP. We had 2 suitcases with us, both pretty large. There was barely anyone on the train when we were there so the luggage was no problem. :teleport:

Took Taxi from Paris hotel to Sequoia at DLP and free DLP shuttle from DLP to airport.
Had lots of luggage and only myself to haul it. Was ok. I was young and foolish then and everything was possible...

We had a private car service pick us up at CDG and drive us to DLRP. After flying all night, I did not want to even think about a train. Same car took us to Paris 3 days later, and then to the airport when we left. He was superb. Not cheap, but superb.

DH and I *may* be visiting Paris and DLP this spring (either that or WDW, haven't decided yet). For the first time, we're hoping to spend at least one night at DLP; we've only done day trips before. :cool1:

Well, for the day trips from Paris to DLP, the RER was perfect- cheap, easy, and fast! But we're realizing that this might not work for this trip, as the RER will probably be difficult when we have our suitcases.

So, how has anyone here gotten from the center of Paris to DLP besides the RER? We probably wouldn't mind another form of train that would have ramps/elevators/escalators/etc to access it, but if a taxi or car service is similar in price, this would probably be more comfortable.

Thanks! ::MinnieMo
To be perfectly honest, I lived around 10 minutes away from Disneyland Paris, and to get a taxi home just from Chessy Station was horrifically expensive, there are other options for trains from central Paris that would be quieter than the RER A, but it would be complicated ie taking the Transilien from Gare de Lyon to Lagny-Thorigny then getting the Pep's bus 23 to Disney!! If you're taking the RER A, I would go during the day, around 3 pm so you avoid the peak travel times for the local commuters! Do you know roughly where you'd be staying around Disney?

This thread is from 2004 :confused3
Im assuming the OP has got there and back by now

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter