• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to get from SSR to BWV?

MemphisTN

Earning My Ears
We bought a resale a few months back with BWV as our home resort. We had some 2005 points that had to be used by December so we booked a trip and the only resort with availability was SSR. The day we arrive we are not hitting the parks so we thought that we would head to BWV in the early evening to check things out.

We were planning on driving to WDW, but found round trip tickets for $129 with Northwest. So we had to choose to either spend a little extra and fly, but not have a car or drive 14 hours with two kids.

How long of a bus ride is it from SSR/DTD to BWV? Any other suggestions?

thanks

Congratulations on your purchase!
I don't know what it is, but it usually seems like there's a longer wait for the DTD busses, so we try to avoid going that route unless we're going to DTD anyway or are feeling really, really relaxed and mellow (maybe you'd like to take the boat to DTD for lunch at Rainforest or Wolfgang Puck's Express and then catch a bus to BWV) Plus, DTD is the opposite direction.

The closest park is MGM, so you could catch the MGM bus and then catch the BWV bus OR, walk to the boat and take the boat, OR, just walk to BWV ---- probably a 15-20 minute walk from the bus stop area. I can't recall the order of stops for the bus ......... BWV might be first, but if it happens to go to the Swan first, get off and walk over the bridge to BWV.

Are you not hitting the parks because you don't want to activate your tickets? If that doesn't matter to you, you could just bus to Epcot and then take the IG to the walkway to Boardwalk.

But it'd probably be less of a walk to walk from MGM.

We aren't going to get to WDW until around 4pm, so we figured we would just hang out at the pool or go check out BWV. We have 9 nights booked next May at BWV so we wanted to get a taste of it instead of having to wait until then

Depending on which building you are in at SSR, it might be quickest to walk to DTD and take a Boardwalk bus. From Congress Park, it is only about a 10 minute walk at the most to the bust stop at DTD.

Depending on which building you are in at SSR, it might be quickest to walk to DTD and take a Boardwalk bus. From Congress Park, it is only about a 10 minute walk at the most to the bust stop at DTD.

That is what I would do. I stayed in the Paddocks and the walk to the DTD bus hub was less than 10 minutes. The bus ride to Boardwalk would be pretty quick (guessing under 15 mins) but I am not sure if they stop at other resorts first. Regardless, I still think this would be the easiest way to get to BWV from SSR.

If you decide to take the bus to MGM, you can either walk to the Boardwalk or take the boat. There is no bus to the BWV from MGM.

FWIW, the boat ride is very nice. If it wer me, I'd take the bus to MGM and then boat to the BWV. After enjoying the Boardwalk (several good restaurants in the area) and maybe even watching Illuminations from the BW, I'd take the bus to Downtown Disney and then stroll back to SSR.

Enjoy the trip!

One of the many reasons we like SSR is because you can go to DTD and take the buses directly to the resort. We don't feel like you have to wait too long and we would rather use that wait time letting the kids run around rather then sitting on 2 buses. But this could be a problem if you are not in Congress Park or Paddocks.

If you decide to take the bus to MGM, you can either walk to the Boardwalk or take the boat. There is no bus to the BWV from MGM.

FWIW, the boat ride is very nice. If it wer me, I'd take the bus to MGM and then boat to the BWV. After enjoying the Boardwalk (several good restaurants in the area) and maybe even watching Illuminations from the BW, I'd take the bus to Downtown Disney and then stroll back to SSR.

Enjoy the trip!

I like this idea.....Nice to break it up....the bus from DTD stops
EVERYWHERE....all the epcot resorts....and a water park....

On the way home....no water park....

Bus to mgm going...and then take the boat....nice ride....
gives you a better feel for when you will be staying there.
Enjoy
Kerri

We aren't going to get to WDW until around 4pm, so we figured we would just hang out at the pool or go check out BWV. We have 9 nights booked next May at BWV so we wanted to get a taste of it instead of having to wait until then

Since buses from DTD to the resorts are spotty and have long waits at best, I would probably take an MGM bus from your nearest stop at SSR. When you get off othe bus at MGM, take the walkway on the righthand side of the water way. It will take you less than 10 minutes to walk to the Boardwalk from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter