How to get from Rosen centre to WDW?

wbarkhur

Mouseketeer
I am going to be taking a group of kids to Orlando in July for a convention, and on their days off they want to visit WDW. We will be staying at Rosen centre on I drive and are trying to figure out the easiest way to get there. We will have bus passes but I am having a hard time finding route info. Also I am going to be the only adult with 13 teens:confused3 on two of the days so need to stay together, any ideas? Thanks

1 adult and 13 teens, OUCh on many levels...not sure Id be going to ANY park with that size group, ..parks are so big and they will be all over the place...think id be staying at/near the hotel...
as far as rosen, they offered a shuttle in the past, did you check directly with them? Is there more than 1 rosen, my ds stayed at one next to the convention center last year..Also you can try mears as well...not sure on cost.
Have a safe and great trip.

Same need here (but with a family of four).

Any thoughts on Lynx from Rosen Centre (at Convention Center) to AKL? We're thinking of taking Lynx to WDW, but it looks like multiple transfers.

And if we did this, could we take Lynx to TTC or DTD and then take the Disney bus to AKL (even though we wouldn't have checked in yet)? Do we need our Key to the World to get on the Disney bus?

Thanks.

No room key or park pass needed to board Disney park buses.

There are two Rosen hotels in the convention center area.

I am going to be taking a group of kids to Orlando in July for a convention, and on their days off they want to visit WDW. We will be staying at Rosen centre on I drive and are trying to figure out the easiest way to get there. We will have bus passes but I am having a hard time finding route info. Also I am going to be the only adult with 13 teens:confused3 on two of the days so need to stay together, any ideas? Thanks

Rent and drive a 15 pass van or contact a company that will provide one with a driver.

As for touring the parks, how old are the kids. I have been on band trips with 12-18 year olds and we let them tour in groups by themselves.

Any thoughts on Lynx from Rosen Centre (at Convention Center) to AKL? We're thinking of taking Lynx to WDW, but it looks like multiple transfers.

And if we did this, could we take Lynx to TTC or DTD and then take the Disney bus to AKL (even though we wouldn't have checked in yet)? Do we need our Key to the World to get on the Disney bus?

Thanks.

Just so you know there are no buses from the TTC to any resort you would have to transfer to a Disney Bus at DTD.

chartle said:
Just so you know there are no buses from the TTC to any resort you would have to transfer to a Disney Bus at the TTC.

Do you mean there are no Lynx buses from TTC to resorts? I figured we'd get off the Lynx at TTC and get the Disney bus to AKL. Am I right in thinking we can ride a Disney bus from TTC to AKL?

1. Do you mean there are no Lynx buses from TTC to resorts?

2. I figured we'd get off the Lynx at TTC and get the Disney bus to AKL. Am I right in thinking we can ride a Disney bus from TTC to AKL?

1. Yes

2. Despite its name, there are no Disney Buses that go from the TTC to the resorts*.

Opps and I'm not sure what point I was trying to make in my PP, but to get to a resort, get off the Lynx bus at DTD and then catch a bus there. If you go to the TTC you will have to go to a park first. You can catch a Disney bus or a monorail to a park from there.

* There may be some weird bus that does but its part of some WP, DTD combo bus.

Thanks.

I wanted to add this as a separate post.

When I replied before I didn't realize that you were looking to get to the AKL to check-in for a stay. I thought you were just visiting for the day.

The Lynx and Disney bus systems are not really setup for transferring people with luggage. In fact Disney "discourages" people from taking luggage on their buses.

I'm not sure what you are expecting from these bus trips but you will have to take care of your luggage on every stage and there is no under bus luggage storage, you will dragging it up and down the steps into the passenger compartment. I would say 99.999% of people would be using a taxi.

Thanks for your help. It's good to know we can't take a Disney bus from TTC to AKL. I didn't know that, so you saved us a lot of trouble. :)

We won't have luggage because someone will be transporting it for us, so it will just be a family of four with no bags.

So our plan will be to take Lynx to DTD and then the Disney bus from DTD to AKL. Easy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter