How to get DH to try crocs???

karajeboo

DISmom by land and by sea!
I just ordered DH a pair of chocolate brown crocs - they will arrive today but he said he won't wear them unless I can show him 10 pictures of "normal" men wearing them!!! Do any "normal" husbands wear these - or is that an oxymoron?? :rotfl2:

Please help - DD and I will each be taking two pair to WDW and I really think DH would thank me in the end, but I can't convince him!

Even if you can't find 10 normal men wearing them before you go, you'll surely find many more when you're there. Pack them and he'll concede, I'm sure. :lmao:

I just ordered DH a pair of chocolate brown crocs - they will arrive today but he said he won't wear them unless I can show him 10 pictures of "normal" men wearing them!!! Do any "normal" husbands wear these - or is that an oxymoron?? :rotfl2:

Please help - DD and I will each be taking two pair to WDW and I really think DH would thank me in the end, but I can't convince him!

My dh would never wear crocs to Dis. He consented to buy a pair to wear at the beach or to the pool. Then some subconscious part of his brain convinced him to leave them on the beach and we haven't seen them since.

Dh is strictly a running shoe kind of guy. Anyone who thinks crocs are the most comfy shoe on earth hasn't worn real running shoes (in his opinion, of course- and mine too.)

Well, I bought my croc-hating DH a pair at the zappos outlet ($10!!!!!). He reluctantly tried them on since DS5 begged him to. The next day, noticed the new eccos still here (in the middle of the family room) and the croc box (also in the middle of the family room :rolleyes: )....empty. Yep, he wore them to work. He wears them all the time, but I don't have pics.....

Good luck!

I don't think you'd catch my DH with crocs on at WDW, he is also a tennis shoes kinda guy.
He does have a pair of black mickey crocs, but he rarely wears them. Usually just out to get the mail or something quick like that.

My dh won't wear them. Even if every man on the planet wore them he would not. Sorry- no help here.

I'd wear them if they fit my feet comfortably but they don't. I do wear birkenstocks a lot. :hippie:

If you were to visit Colorado you'd see all kinds of men, normal and otherwise, wearing many flavors of Crocs.

Maybe you should get him ones with his favorite sports team on it?

On the last trip with extended family all the kids had crocs (ages 2-11), all the women had them, and the two of the three men had them. The third man was my hubby. He absolutely refuses to get crocs. My bro and dad really liked them though. Maybe it's not the manliness factor, but the confidence to wear something comfortable and not caring what others think.

My DH is a big, strong, policeman and he wouldn't be caught dead in them - until now! I bought him a pair that he picked out (off-road) in black. He didn't want to wear them to the parks (he wears them around the house & around town. Of course you have to realize that when we were at World of Disney last year, DS8 wanted some jibbitz (Mickey & Goofy). He decided he didn't like them in his shoes and that dad needed them in his. So, big, strong, policeman dad has a mickey and a goofy on his off-road crocs. 'nuf said?

In May 2007 DH was struggling at the water parks... his feet were killing him.. so he went shopping and bought himself RED Mickey Crocs.. with the mickey holes - not just the little circles.

He loves wearing them! it's a riot! He says they are light, cushiony and they saved his feet at BB and at the pool (and they like to float in the pool!). He does wear them out at home... doesn't care what anyone thinks.... I just say - that's a man who loves his kids! He picked up pink ones for me... and this year our DS has Lightning Mcqueen ones and our DD has Ariel ones... fun!

He is big into foot comfort. We have both worn Birkenstocks for years and we just discovered ECCO shoes - very nice! Oh, he's an attorney.... He's worn them to pool parties with his Bar Association. Gets lots of ribbing, brave man, but he thinks they're comfortable...!

There are many New Styles of Crocs that are geared toword Men that
my DH has tryed them on and is leaning toward buying.
My DS loves his SCUTES Crocs (he wore them the whole time we were
at WDW last Year and he's at that Pre-teen have to look cool age).

My DH wears them. He's about as normal as it gets. Building engineer by day that has to wear black heavy workboots all day. They kill his feet! The minute he gets home, off come the boots and on go the crocs! And he wears them until bedtime. Has 3 pairs even.

Has your DH seen the Venture style? Looks like normal shoes, but made with the Crocs soles. May be worth a shot if the other styles don't work for him...

I got DH the scutes last year and he wears them at the pool and he's fine with those. We'll see about the Beach style I ordered for him. When he comes home tonight they should be here, and I'll definitely show him this thread! He's already very familiar with the Dis so maybe this will help him. If anyone has pictures, I'd love to see them to help convince him!!!

There are many New Styles of Crocs that are geared toword Men that
my DH has tryed them on and is leaning toward buying.
My DS loves his SCUTES Crocs (he wore them the whole time we were
at WDW last Year and he's at that Pre-teen have to look cool age).

My DH loves the scutes- and wore them so much last summer. He took them on our WDW trip and then wore them on the Disney cruise the whole following week too. No foot problems. He has said he would never wear the regular crocs though.

I'd like to start by saying - My DH is definitely a manly-man!!:
HUGE Green Bay Packer fan - goes to every home game....
Avid snowmobiler - he's on his annual week-long trip right now.....
Drives the big rigs for Fed Ex.....
Enjoys Golfing, Boating, Deer-Hunting, and all things Disney!

After me and my 3 boys had been wearing Crocs all summer (2 years ago), I was finally able to convince DH to give them a try. He LOVES them!! He admits they are not exactly the most "attractive" footwear, but the sheer comfort and joy they provide his feet definitely outweighs any concerns with vanity. He especially loves to wear them around the house as slippers in the winter.

Does he get ribbed, teased, cajoled, and made fun of? Oh Yeah!! But I love the fact that he has enough self-confidence to walk tall and show off his Navy Beach Crocs! :flower3:

my dh plain refused to even EVER try them... i gave up but told him i'd better never hear him complain about sore feet!!!

Ok, Ok, I'm a very happily married man that considers himself eh, uh, as manly as anybody, LOL, and I LOVE my crocs! I currently own 8 pairs, including the red and black Disney Pirate one's! :thumbsup2

I wear them as often as possible, including in the winter. (I actually like the Endeavors for this as they have no holes, but have been looking at the Mammoth's since getting both my wife and daughter a pair for Christmas).

I DARE anyone to make fun of me, LOL. They are simply the most comfortable shoe I have ever worn, and wouldn't wear anything else if my job allowed it. :)

I find that most guys that won't wear them, or make any comments, have no issues with wearing a sports Jersey with another guys name adorned across the back........ ;)

I find that most guys that won't wear them, or make any comments, have no issues with wearing a sports Jersey with another guys name adorned across the back........ ;)

:lmao: I love it! And believe me, I'll use it to my advantage with my hubby!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter