• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to get an Upgrade?

Brander

Earning My Ears
We are staying at PBH in mid-July, and have reserved a bay view room with a Loew's card (first time)
Is there any stategy to getting an upgrade? (ie-arriving first thing in the morning, asking nicely, etc?)
thanks for your help!

We're in the same boat for October so I'm subscribing to this thread also. I want to hear all about your room when you get back too!

Upgrades seem to be hit and miss at PBH. To increase your chances of getting any requests or upgrades - arrive at the resort as early as possible preferrably in the early AM. If you are arriving late you will have little or no chance.

Brander said:
We are staying at PBH in mid-July, and have reserved a bay view room with a Loew's card (first time)
Is there any stategy to getting an upgrade? (ie-arriving first thing in the morning, asking nicely, etc?)
thanks for your help!

You are going during a fairly busy time, so I wouldn't keep my hopes up. Also, with Loews Blue, the only upgrade they regularly give is standard view to bay view at PBH (at HRH and RPR it would be standard view to pool/water view), and that is only if the upgrade is available when you check in. Since you already have a bay view, you **might** be able to score an upgrade to a Deluxe Room, which is larger. However, most of these rooms have a view of the villa pool, which is nice, but I think a bay view would be nicer. As mentioned, the earlier you check in, the better your chances. We always book what we are happy to stay in -- in all of our stays (about a half dozen), we have never been upgraded, and we tend to go during off-peak season.

Also, it will totally depend on the rate you are paying for the room. Many discounts don't qualify for upgrades at all. AAA is about the only discount that will qualify, if an upgrade is even available. A lot has to do with who checks you in as well. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter