• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to fill stockings when . . .

ME TOO AND KIDS WONT GO SLEEP IN THERE ROOM, THEY WANT TO SLEEP IN THE LIVING ROOM. I GOT TONS AOF WRAPPING LEFT TOO.:scared1:

same here ds 8 just came down crying MOMOMMY I CAN"T FALL ASLEEP...he's been in bed 40 minutes and he is usulaay in bed by 8;00 at the latest...aghhhhh.. I WANT TO GO TO BED...hurry sandman!

Lori

Benidrill.... you know the stuff you give the kids when they are "itchy", which they are tonight!
(yea, joking, kinda....)
I do NOT think anyone should do this, but I do remember in the early 1960's when I we all spent the night at my dad's BF and he and his wife had 3 little girls- all of us under 6 yo that Christmas. His wife was a nurse and we got "special" hot choclate, I think it either had a shot of brandy in it or something medicinal..:confused3, NOT something we would or could do in this current day and age. I have the same problem, kids still up, but MY kids are 17 to 24, and, yep, Santa can't fill stocking till they all go to bed, either... now the oldest could have a night cap....hummmmm

Sounds like I am in good company tonight. I am so tired also.
DD4 is talking away to herself in bed, but keeps getting up to see what I am doing. I love that she is so excited, but I have so much to do.

same problem here!!!!

One is out only one to go!

Same here! Luckily one takes melatonin nightly (hence being asleep already.) The other one (who is usually asleep by 8:30 every night) is completely awake. I am so tired and can't wait to get the stuff out. Thankfully everything is wrapped already!!!

Merry Christmas to you all :santa:

Benidrill.... you know the stuff you give the kids when they are "itchy", which they are tonight!
(yea, joking, kinda....)
I do NOT think anyone should do this, but I do remember in the early 1960's when I we all spent the night at my dad's BF and he and his wife had 3 little girls- all of us under 6 yo that Christmas. His wife was a nurse and we got "special" hot choclate, I think it either had a shot of brandy in it or something medicinal..:confused3, NOT something we would or could do in this current day and age. I have the same problem, kids still up, but MY kids are 17 to 24, and, yep, Santa can't fill stocking till they all go to bed, either... now the oldest could have a night cap....hummmmm

Oh man wish I had some. jk. My 16 yo and my dh have been asleep for hours. The other three are wide awake. My dogs ate Santa's cookies. We had to find some more and my cat just brought a live mouse in throught the doggie door and my dd 10 grabbed the mouse and said, "Kitty you can't kill the mouse it is Christmas eve.":rotfl2: I made her scrub her hands after she took the mouse to a safe area outside.

Same problem here. I just reminded the kids that Santa is only an hour and a half or so away so they'd better get to sleep.

Even both cats and the dogs have fallen asleep before the kids. :rotfl:

It's 9:30 and we haven't been able to put the presents out yet b/c DS5 has been in bed but awake for 2 hours!!! "I'm too excited to sleep!"

Don't they have colds? Give them Nyquil! Or Benadryl - they may be allergic to the tree! How about one Tylenol PM???

DD is 21 - I'll be up hours before her and I'll do the stocking in the morning!

We were tracking Santa on Norad, and ds wanted to stay up until he got to the US -- ok, he's in Canada. Wouldn't you know he went straight to Puerto Rico? I sent ds to bed and told him PR is a U.S. territory, so it counts! Now I'm biding my time. I am so sleepy...DH is in the basement wrapping my gifts. Yep, his one task...but I digress. Anyway, I am responsible for hauling out Santa's goodies, so I have to stay awake. I doubt DH could even find them...

Don't they have colds? Give them Nyquil! Or Benadryl - they may be allergic to the tree! How about one Tylenol PM???

DD is 21 - I'll be up hours before her and I'll do the stocking in the morning!

I really should keep my medicine cabinet stocked. I have none of the above. I have tylenol and benedryl cream oh and I also have ds nebulizer treatments that he hasn't used in two years. hmmm. Doesn't turkey make you sleep? We had a big turkey and turducken dinner tonight maybe I could force them to eat more turkey.

My 8 and 7 year wanted to go to sleep at 5:30. I had to keep them awake until at least 7:00. I know some of you think I'm lucky but let me tell you. The early my son goes to bed the earlier he will wake up. If I would have allowed him to go to sleep at 5:30, he would have woke up at 2:00. As it is, we are all going to be up 5:00 because this is his normal wake up time.

My DS 8 is just finishing reading The Night Before Christmas with DH. I am getting nervous, nothing is wrapped yet! Hopefully he will fall asleep quick:):santa:

Please send the Sandman to our house if you see him! We've got a "I'm-going-to-stay-up-all-night-and-find-out-for-sure" kid on our hands.

I just want to go to bed! So. very. tired.

:) Michele

My 4yo is so excited for Santa he asked to go to bed at 5:30!!!! We told him it would be fine to stay up a little more, but he actually fell asleep at 7:00 by himself on the family room chair while watching Kung Fu Panda!! So he was easy. 8yo DD wasn't a problem either knowing she had to be asleep for Santa to come!! :)

DS said "Daddy, what are you guys doing awake, if Santa won't come until you are asleep?"
DH said "I'm waiting for you to go to sleep so I can call Santa and tell him it's okay to come now."
DS was asleep in 10 minutes.
Presents are around the tree, stockings stuffed, and now I'm curled up on the couch with my laptop and watching Pirates of the Caribbean 3 (I know--not a Christmas movie but it is a lot of fun)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter