How to estimate 4/3 price?

maggiew

DIS Veteran
Right now I have the 4/3 deal from June 27 - July 5 at the Beach Club. Since they are extending the dates, I want to look into moving to later July so I can be in value season. (Right now I am paying rack rate for the July 4th night! since its an 8 day stay. We needed 8 days in order to check in in time for the 4/3 deal on the 27th but also be there for July 4.) I want to estimate the cost because if it isn't a huge difference, we would rather go for 4th of July than later in July.

Since Disney now has the weekday, weekend prices, how do I calculate the 4/3? Which days are free? The cheaper ones?

Here is what I would like
7 nights at Beach club standard view
July 21-28
2 adults + 2 Disney "adults" under 18
7 day base tickets
no dining plan

How do I figure that out?

I know what I am already paying for our 4th of July trip, so I can compare to that.

Maggie

Do they have weekend rates at the deluxes??

Here is how I figured it out for us. Go on the WDW website and do a room only search for your dates, resort, view at rack rate. Take the room only total and divide it by 7. That is the rate they use if weekend rates apply. Multiply by 4 to get the total. (Tax should be 12.5%, and then add in the cost of the tickets)

Just do a quote for those dates as a 4 night MagicYourWay package with 4 day base tickets on the site....that's basically it.:)

To find the price estimate you take the package rate undiscounted and divide it by the number of nights (not days). Then times that number by three. Subtract that number from the original undiscounted price and you have an estimate. Tax amount will change, so there will be a little difference. Ticket cost will play into that too, so keep the ticket 3 days lower than what you will be getting.

Ok, so how does the DDP come in to play?

If I want the 4/3 package say at a Mod, with 8 day tickets and DDP, do I include the DDP in the 4/3 deal? :confused3

Do they have weekend rates at the deluxes??

I don't know. I thought I read that Disney was starting to charge different rates weekday and weekend. Plus no more of the "if I check in on value season date I get value season the whole trip even if it becomes regular season during my stay".

However, when I went on Mousesavers to check the rack rates for Beach Club, they weren't separated into weekday and weekend rates. But they were separated into more seasons.

Thanks everyone!

Maggie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter