• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to entertain yourself during a long car ride

stitch'sgrl101

"Please stand clear of the doors, Por Favor Manten
Ok. So my family and I are leaving for a 2 day car ride to Disney World.(of course we are stopping overnight) We aren't leaving until Aug 20th. Since i'll be really excited, i'll probably not sleep the night before. So, i'll sleep a little in the car. If you have any ideas at all please comment. I have some ideas in mind already, but i would like more ideas. Thanks :)

my family always drives down from NJ, and we leave at 3am and stop overnight at 6pm in jacksonville. we then leave the next morning and arrive at 1. i keep ocuppied by watching DVDs. i might sleep alittle but i rarely do cuz i hate to sleep, i usually stay up the whole car ride.if you have an ipod you can listen to music.if u have a ds/psp you can play games.

Do you have a DVD player?
My sister and I sometimes create car games, bring an iPod/mp3/whatever, and bring a car charger! Bring some cards, Battleship is easy to play, also, and maybe a notebook.

Load your ipod with tons of podcasts...the time will fly if you have a bunch of them.

I sleep. period. lol

I do load my MP3 and bring a bunch of games, not that I'll use them cause
i'll be asleep.

Take a video camera!!!! It's super fun to sorta document your trip!!!! Heck, bring a camera! You can charge it over night! I bet it will help...and it will be fun to look at later!!!!!!!!!:happytv:

My fam. does the same thing, we drive through the night though (no stops except for ya know the necessities) We bring a DVD player , I draw, we listen to podcast, talk about Disney, listen to music, etc. I love just starring out the window aswell and taking pictures :] I am going to WDW in august too!! Enjoy your trip , car ride and park wise! :]!

Two summers ago my parents and I took a two week roadtrip all across the west coast - the thing that really saved me was putting my favorite tv show on my iPod and bringing a bunch of dvds. I had just started to get into watching The Office, and I watched every episode of every season on that trip :rotfl:. It kept me entertained and I didn't get bored, so it worked.

i, right now, am in the car. i have a verizon wifi card and a net book.

I bring my laptop, watch movies (our car has a TV in it), listen to my iPod, text my friends, play on my DS, and sleep

Thank you all. I've done it before, but this time i want to make the car ride less boring and more fun. ;)

I just sleep A LOT!! Best thing to do on a 17/18 hour drive is to take a nap with your ipod. A pillow is my best friend the whole ride. Reading is also a good idea :banana:

I bring my iPod, a book, a bunch of magazines, maybe a word puzzle book or something, and that's about it. My family and I usually talk about the trip and stuff, and the rest of the time I sleep..haha.

I use my PSP. I can listen music on it and watch videos, and also play games. It's perfect.

i usually bring along a few books (on my most recent trip i brought along some Kingdom Hearts manga to celebrate going to disney), DS, sketchbook (i draw a lot), and my phone (it doubles as my mp3 player)
hope this helps :upsidedow

I use my dad's iPad while he drives. When it's mom's turn to drive i read a book on my Kindle.

I would bring your ipod and load it up with disney podcasts :)!

Also if you don't get dizzy - books are great! I think it's fun to stare out the window :D - unless it's nothing but grass and cows for a long time...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter