How to earn/find $160?

Just wanted to thank everyone again for their help and suggestions. Despite not having "found" the full $160, I went ahead and booked the gift (WOC dessert party at DL) for DD's birthday gift. We had a sudden unexpected death in the family on July 21 and it reminded me AGAIN that life is short and that this is the time to be making memories..... so I threw caution to the wind and booked this indulgence.

Because of that unexpected event and a few other things, I haven't had a chance to list anything extra in the local FB yard sale groups or to make any more trips to the resale shops, but I plan to do that in the next two weeks. I'll report back any successes!..............P

Just wanted to do a quick report back..... summer was insanely busy and I haven't gotten back to the consignment shop or posted anything for sale on FB. Plus the food budget has gone out the window with some really busy days and meals out lately. That being said.... DMIL passed away in late July and when we cleaned out her freezers (yup... 93 years old and TWO full freezers!) I was the beneficiary of TWO full coolers of meat! That definitely helped the grocery budget this month! But despite everything, I've come up with a bit more "found" money for this splurge.

I got a check in the mail yesterday for a class action lawsuit that I sent a postcard in for.... and it was $40.09!! Wowza! Not bad for 90 second spent filling out a postcard!!

And on the first day of school I put in two hours of maintenance work in the morning BEFORE substitute teaching that day, earning another $20 that wasn't previously planned.

That brings me to $119 in "found money". Since I'm heading into town today I am going to bring another bag to the children's consignment shop.... so fingers crossed! ...................P

One last report on my "found" money before I leave for my trip!

Yesterday I took an old file box to the metal recycling shop....not worth my time for the 67 cents it netted! But I was traveling that way anyhow and at least it is out of the garage! Also sold more to the children's consignment shop. Last time I brought two bins and made $39. This time I brought 4 bins and made only $20. But better than nothing! And I returned a power cord to the local hardware store that has been sitting waiting for DH to return it for nearly TWO years! Thankfully they are local and nice and it wasn't shop worn or used, so they were happy to give me cash back to the tune of $22.

All together that brings me to $161.76.... so I hit my goal!! I also took the time to roll my two popcorn buckets of change (after discovering that my local bank recently took out its change machine) and got another $214.50 that I consider "extra" (although I didn't save it all for the trip).

Thanks in advance for all of the helpful suggestions!.........P

I wanted to come back one more time and report in on our $160 "splurge"...... IT WAS FABULOUS!!!!!! Worth every penny! SO GLAD to did it! Don't regret a single minute of the work it took to make it happen! Probably nothing I would need to do again (although it would be so nice), but SO SPECIAL as a "once-in-a-lifetime" kind of thing! If you are interested in hearing more about the WOC dessert party, I posted a full mini-report on it over on the Disneyland board, complete with pictures..... but I'll share one here for now. Thanks again for all of the ideas and suggestions!............P

IMG_1001.JPG

What a fabulous update and you guys look like you had a great time! :)
It's nice to see these threads come to a conclusion. Sometimes when you are in the middle of the saving and scrimping you lose sight of the fun that you'll have once you reach the goal.

Awww you both look soo happy! Thrilled that all of your hard work paid off and you had a wonderful time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter