• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to dress to impress at WDW?

mrunn0080

Earning My Ears
Dear DIS members, I'm good with picking out computer hardware, gadgets and computer games. However, when it comes to picking a nice outfit to wear in the hot parks of WDW during gay days, I fail.

I would like you to share outfits that are comfortable and stylish for the parks. Shoes also.

Last time I went, I picked out an outfit from Hollister and it just failed. I prolly should mention I'm 30 years old, just under 6 feet tall and a bit overweight at 175lbs. I also found out last year that crocks don't look good on me either.:cool2:

Crocs don't look good on ANYONE. They should be relegated to the operating rooms they were invented for.

T-shirt or polo shirt (clean!) and color-coordinated shorts. White is fine if you're not planning to ride any of the watery rides (and if you must wear white, stick to white underwear). You can wear a tank-top if you can pull it off. I find sneakers with good foot support and appropriate socks a MUST for walking around the parks; I've tried Vans and deck shoes, and both times had very miserable feet by the end of the day. Flip-flops are insane and will kill your feet.

I'm planning on wearing shorts and t-shirts. I agree with DrGaellon, wear good supportive shoes. Flip flops and generic shoes will just tear up your feet with all the walking and standing you will do.

Crocs don't look good on ANYONE. They should be relegated to the operating rooms they were invented for.

T-shirt or polo shirt (clean!) and color-coordinated shorts. White is fine if you're not planning to ride any of the watery rides (and if you must wear white, stick to white underwear). You can wear a tank-top if you can pull it off. I find sneakers with good foot support and appropriate socks a MUST for walking around the parks; I've tried Vans and deck shoes, and both times had very miserable feet by the end of the day. Flip-flops are insane and will kill your feet.

Don't be hatin' on my Crocs. ;)
I did wear flip flops to Epcot one day and that was a mistake. BUT some of my friends can manage to wear flip flops all day in the parks with no issues.

Dr. G, we will miss you guys this year! Hope all is well! :hug:

I like a stylish pair of flip flops. Many will disagree but I think they're more comfortable than stinky sweaty feet in heavy shoes. Boat shoes (Sperry Top Siders) are making a huge comeback for both men and women and are super comfortable and well ventilated.

J Crew has some nice shorts this year that look polished but are also very comfortable. You can find similar at Old Navy too.

I don't see a problem with t shirts as long as they're not ratty or too big for you.

See for me I find flip flops the most comfortable for WDW. I hate wearing shoes when it's hot out. As for attire I always wear either polos or a lightweight button down shirt with a tank top and some shorts. I like white shorts cause it makes my legs look more tanned :) (it comes from a bottle LOL) Love the shorts at old navy this year. If you want to go with a print just make syre it's either on top or bottom not BOTH!!!

Croc's are an abomination!!!

See for me I find flip flops the most comfortable for WDW. I hate wearing shoes when it's hot out. As for attire I always wear either polos or a lightweight button down shirt with a tank top and some shorts. I like white shorts cause it makes my legs look more tanned :) (it comes from a bottle LOL) Love the shorts at old navy this year. If you want to go with a print just make syre it's either on top or bottom not BOTH!!!

Croc's are an abomination!!!

Okay so I'm not crazy!! I find flip flops to be more comfortable than anything, even sneakers. Especially in the heat! Socks and heat..yuck, no thanks.

Flip flops? Bleeccchhhh. No arch support, plus you pick up every germ available on park grounds on your basically bare feet.

This is great info for me. I can't wear flip flops but I did get some casual brown leather sneakers and some tank tops, shirts and shorts at old navy. Just my luck they were out of stock of pretty much everything because the store was moving. I wish I could have gone shopping earlier for clothes but the tips here really helped me. Thanks very much.

Hollister? Oh honey no... :laughing:

Oh and you think you are overweight at 175 lbs!? I wish I was that thin again. *sigh*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter