• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to do the tranfers, best paper, shirts ect...

bcarson

Mouseketeer<br><font color=9966ff>I will second Or
I have lots of questions. One if a designer sends you a pic or you find some clip art on the net. Can you just open it up in paint? How do you know how big to make it? Are the ones the designer sends already the right size. What is the best and cheapest shirts to buy. I have a michaels and Jo Ann's and could access Hobby Lobby if I had to. I couldn't find any that had them on sale at least in the ads this week. What is the best transfer paper. Can you just make a color copy and have it put on transfer paper at Staples or something? So many questions but I have no idea. Unfortunately I leave this Fri and found this area way to late. I may have to do this myself that is why I ask about paint. thanks

I'll give this a little bump since I'm very interested in what the expert t-shirt makers on this board have to say. I just found this board about a week ago. I'm looking forward to making some t-shirts for our February trip.:goodvibes

JoAnn's had t-shirts on sale yesterday for $3.99 - lots of different colors. As for the transfers, I just found all this info this weekend and went out to purchase all the supplies. Now I'm waiting on a little more info. My concern is how to size, as well. Our home computer is down and that's where all my photo software is. I'm using my laptop and can't adjust anything here. I'm wanting to know how to print the Epcot Passports to get them the right size. I bought 8 1/2 x 11 card stock, hoping to get two pages on each sheet, but again, I can't adjust sizing on this computer. Yikes!

Thanx for posting this - I think a lot of us will be checking back for the replies and advice!

I just did my first transfers today and it couldn't have been easier! First, I took the designs that were made for me and saved them to My Pictures. Then I opened the design to edit and the first thing I did was "flip horizontal" so that the wording would be backwards when I printed it out - so it would be correct when I transferred it. And I'm using my work computer which doesn't have any fancy photo or graphics software. When I went to print, I just made sure I got a print preview first so I could check the size, then when I got it where I wanted it (like I said, no photo editing software on this computer, so this was the hardest part for me!), I printed it and it was perfect! I tested it first on plain paper though to make sure it was right.

I then washed the shirts and dried them (no fabric softener, no bleach). Then I did the transfer with the dry iron on high. And they turned out absolutely wonderful - I will definitely be making more for our trip in May!

One more thing, I noticed that my printer program actually has a choice of Iron-On transfer paper! So obviously I chose that for paper type. I didn't even know that was an option! And the first transfers I did were just for my daughter and her best friend (we just moved 5 hrs away and this weekend will be the first time they've seen each other in 5 weeks) for fun little matching gifts. I think I'm addicted now!

I can post my expierence now. First off the paper for dark transfers from Walmart, I think the brand was June Tailor. They were better then the Avery ones from staples. If you are printing a design that has a lot of black like the whole micky head. I had some whitish grey spots on some of my black. Not to terribly bad. But I think it was over ironing. I got better at as I went along. They had white and a few other color t's at Walgreens 5 for 10$. You do have to pick through them though. Suprisingly enough. Finish line had them 5 for 20. Very nice quality. I think it was foot locker kids 8 for 20. I didn't buy them there so I can't quite remember. I would have if I hadn't already scoured the ends of the earth for all the tees I needed! They had tons of colors to. Good luck everyone I leave tommorrow a.m. early:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter