How to do a trip report while on the road?

anonymousegirl

DIS Veteran
Hi All,
I posted over in the Trip Reports forum, but got no replies.

Heading to Peru on Saturday--would like to do a trip report with photos each day, but trying to figure out how to post photos here on the Dis boards from my iPad and how to get my iPhone photos to the iPad to begin with. Really not wanting to do a lot of typing on my phone, but hesitate to bring my laptop just to do a trip report.

Any advice?

Thanks
Lori

I did mine almost entirely with my phone. Uploading pictures was an issue, though. The website would not accept anything larger than 1 MB, so I had to email the photos to myself (reducing the size in the process), and then re-save the smaller-sized picture in my photo stream. Then, after uploading the smaller resolution pictures to my post, I immediately deleted them (to save space on my phone). It was kind of a pain, and some of the pictures didn't look as good as others, but it worked. I'm sure there are better ways, but this method worked for me.

I only have a very old iPad (I'm a Samsung gal now) but I know there was a photobucket app. If you upload the photos to photobucket, you can re-size them as you upload them. Then you get an URL for the photo. If you can cut & paste that URL on an iPad, you can then paste it into your trip report using the button that looks like a photo of mountains with the sun.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter