• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to do a point transfer?

Presley

Mouseketeer
When I cut the deal with the other member, do I just call member services and transfer the points that way? Any suggestions on how to guarantee that the purchaser does not dispute the payment later with their credit card or with Paypal?

your contract with DVC says that you are not allowed to accept compensation for transferring pts.

some people do anyway.

the posting rules have been changing - be sure to review them carefully.

When I cut the deal with the other member, do I just call member services and transfer the points that way? Any suggestions on how to guarantee that the purchaser does not dispute the payment later with their credit card or with Paypal?

some people want half the money upfront.

if you mention to MS that money is involved, they will pitch a fit - again, your contract states that this is not allowed. since it is not allowed, you cannot expect DVC to get involved should things so south...but you would have other legal recourse if the exchange is documented and you need to pursue it.

Just a reminder everyone - you cannot post on the DVC Boards seeking someone to rent or transfer points to. Details cannot be posted such as use year, number of points, resort, villa size, dates, etc. Visit our DVC Rent/Trade Board and read the sticky posts that explain the rules applicable to posting on that board.

Thanks!

Why would anyone transfer points without payment in full prior to the transfer?? Maybe you are thinking about points rental?

Transfers are member to member only so are thought by most to be ' safer ' situation then a member renting a reservation made with their points to a non-member.

:)

Transfers are member to member only so are thought by most to be ' safer ' situation then a member renting a reservation made with their points to a non-member.

As a transfer is a "final transaction" why would anyone do that without getting full payment?

As a transfer is a "final transaction" why would anyone do that without getting full payment?

idk, good faith gesture among members ?:confused3 Any time we've received a transfer we sent the other member full amount via paypal before & personally if we were transferring our points out to someone would expect same.

I'm working on a point transfer, he wants a cashiers check. is this ok or should i push for paypal. hate to give him the money and i get nothing.

We've always used paypal and everything has gone ok, I know that on craigs list they advise against cashiers checks. I've read where people have taken a $5 check or money order and reprinted it at home to be a 50 or 500 check and it's so good you can't tell .

I'm working on a point transfer, he wants a cashiers check. is this ok or should i push for paypal. hate to give him the money and i get nothing.

The terms are up to the DVC Member, if they do not meet your needs then you may seek out another member/owner. Good luck! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter