How to deal with shady online merchant?

Travis B

DIS Veteran
Hi all, looking for a bit of advice. I came across a website a bit ago that sells pins, and lots of 10 pins for trading. They guarantee scrapper-free pins, have a youtube channel that I enjoy, and seem to be on the up and up. I placed an order a while ago - maybe the 28th of August? On the 31st of August, I got an email saying the order had shipped. When I tracked the package, it says that a shipping label was created -but that's it. It never shows the order being shipped. I first emailed the lady via the website. Nothing. I then contacted her via a Facebook pin group she runs, and she said she'd look into it. No response. When I went to ask her about news today, again via Facebook, it says 'this person is not receiving messages from you right now." So.. she blocked me? I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do. I wanted to get some opinions about the right way to proceed before I took any further action. Any thoughts? I should also add that the site is hosted through Shopify. I've looked into their support pages a little bit, but it seems to be support for the vendors who host there, rather than customers.

How did you pay? PayPal? If so, Id file a claim with them. The Facebook message you received is from being blocked by a certain person. Hope all works out and good luck.

How did you pay? PayPal? If so, Id file a claim with them. The Facebook message you received is from being blocked by a certain person. Hope all works out and good luck.

Thanks. I used my debit card, so I'll have to dispute the charge through my bank if we get to that point. The support at Shopify was really great, they e-mailed the seller for me and suggested I dispute the charge if I don't hear anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter