How to convince Mom?

jerseycruisers

Earning My Ears
Hi, I'm 14 and on my mom's username. We've been on a 7-Day Eastern cruise and loved it. My mom booked a Catagory 6 room on tha Western Magic in May back in October. The final confirmation for the cruise was around the start of the war, plus at that time my grandfather (on her side) was diagnosed with terminal cancer, and he was due to die around the time of the cruise. Because of these, she decided to cancel the cruise, but planned to rebook it. Our airfare is still there. Well, my mom likes to do research, and she found a verandah suite on the Holland America Zuiderdam (sp?) for $800 less than a Cat 11 inside room on Disney. She's ready to book it on Friday, but I love Disney cruises, and I've made a GREAT friend on DISboards that I've talked to online since Christmas who will be on the cruise we were scheduled for. How do I convince my mom to stick with DCL? Or am I just being stubborn, and should I go along with whatever she's planning?

PLEASE HELP!!:(

~*Chrissy

Hi Chrissy. You sound like a wonderful daughter. Saving $800 over a Disney CAT. 11 for a verandah suite is substantial. Since you aready were fortunate enough to experience a 7-day Eastern cruise on DCL, my recommendation would be to enjoy the Holland America cruise. Too many people never get the opportunity to cruise even once, and you're now going on cruise #2!!! Have a terrific time, Chrissy - and give your Mom a real "thank you" hug.

Also, sorry to hear about your Grandpa.

Buckaroo's Dad--

I never really thought about it that way. Any cruise is better than none, and it makes a lot more sense to go with a verandah for less than an inside cabin. We haven't made a final decision yet, but will very soon. Thank you:)

Chrissy, I'm sorry that you may miss out on your Disney Cruise, but sometimes things don't work out as planned. And sorry to hear about your grandfather. Try to look at this as a new adventure. It may not be Disney, but I'm sure you will meet some more friends, and you can tell them about your experiences with Disney. (Try not to sound like a snob. ;) ) You have a lifetime to go on Cruises! Enjoy!!!:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter