How to Change Your 40 Off Reservation

That could be the reason but I'm going to try again just to see if I can get it.

I also wanted to thanks canadian guy. We had ressies for dec at the poly, but we wanted to stay at the cr. So after reading your post I was able to switch.We had tried to do this when we first recieved our pin but they did not have the rm that we wanted, and now they do. I would have never thought we could call back and switch with that code. Thank you.:thumbsup2

I just called and was told that their computers are down right now for enhancements. The CM said to call back in about an hour. I know it is still a couple of days until Monday, but maybe they're getting ready for free dining for Disney Visa cardholders! :goodvibes

Thanks for the good advice here. We are going to try to keep our room at CBR at the 40% rate for two days longer. Not free dining but not wanting to move again as we start at OKW then to CBR for the weekend. We were then scheduled to move to BCV but want to just stay put and relax. If I can get the 40% off we can afford it.

Is there a direct number for guest relations? Do I call the 800 and ask for guest relations? I hate conflict and lately have not had any magic with CRO. I called today and she said she didn't know a thing about FDP. Come on!!!

The vast majority of folks at the reservations center won't know about free dining til the day they show up to work and are briefed on the promotion for that day. That's just how it works.

I'm not aware of any direct numbers to get to the right section of Guest Services. You need to call DRC (formerly CRO) directly first ..

Knox

Thank you, so I call CRO, do I ask them for the extended stay or ask for guest services? I am just off today and don't want to push. I really don't want to move so much and with all that is going on that weekend, not having to move again would help.

CG, thanks for you support in this adventure. After you tell me how to approach this I am going to call and give it a try. Wish me luck:cool1: CBR at $87 a nite is a great rate.

CG,

I did it!!! Thank you so much:goodvibes :goodvibes I think it all has to do with who you get on the line. I had a wonderful man who just did it and explained the price which is the same, the tax amount and then he went on to give me to Dining so we could get our ADR's before FDP releases in the morning.

He also laughed when I said yes I need to make ADR's before hand. He knew it was going to release in the morning so they do know.

CG, I could not have had the confidence to do this without your great suggestions and kind words. Thank you so much, I just saved 24 DVC points and the hassle of not having to move!

Happy Easter:wizard:

And you will be told that right up till your trip unless you ask them politely to check with Guest Services about your request! :)

Glad it worked out for Coco and the others!

Knox

Spoke to Guest Services yesterday and was told the same thing, no changes. I can cancel but make no changes.

:sad1: Well, I tried using the 40% off code and the reservationist told me that it had to be booked prior to March 15th, which my original reservation was, but I changed the reservation using another code, that saved me $64.00, and when I did that it made our reservation show as it was booked on March 31st, thus now I can't use the other code :sad1:

Good luck to everyone else that booked prior to that date.

I consider myself to be a bargain shopper extrodinaire so....
I am really depressed over missing FREE DDP...I just can't pull my DS (8th grade) out of school...Past attempts have shown that his body comes back home but his brain stays at WDW. ;)

We were lucky enough to get the 40% code and it worked out almost perfectly with our kid's fall break. I have tried to change our res. on 2 occasions now. Both times I have been told no. The last time I tried; I asked for guest services, he did not let me through to them. The CM said he would try to change it and did seem to take a few minutes but I am not sure what he was doing because he said he couldn't. I will try again today and I will be pushy...I hate to be pushy. However, I REALLY want to move from a value to a mod.
It is my 20th anniversary....ya'll send me some pixie dust.....

HI COCOWUM :wave: Do you remember us?...we met last Sept. in Adventureland waiting to see Jasmine, Aladin & the Gennie.

Thanks CG for the great advice.
I'll let you know what happens.:rolleyes1

We'd had CR booked but were only able to get a garden wing room. Fine enough, just to be at CR. But lately dh has been saying how it's not worth staying at CR unless you're in the tower. So I've called a few times, spoken to guest relations and was told 'no availablity.' Fair enough. BUT I just called again today and a CM was able to change my ressie to the tower, bay lake view. She did put me on hold for a bit but she was the one going over what was available in each resort and what wasn't. I'd asked for guest relations but she said she could help me and somehow she was able to! My cost only went up by about $125 (which I expected) and she went over my package and ressie# again with me as well as ADRs.

Rachel

OMG! Even worse now, DH doesn't want to move from our DVC at all and wants me to try to get our 40% off at the DVC instead. Anyone think we can upgrade and still keep the code? This time we are changing resorts rather than extending.

Urg.

No Luck for me!!!

I tried again yesterday and did exactly as CG said. I aked for her to check with Guest Services and she said there was zero availability at all moderate resorts. I said, "are you sure?" Do you think this a possibility?
I am so mad at myself for not booking a mod when we first did this. :mad:

Like I said before it will be our 20th anniversay....
oh, I need some pixie dustpixiedust:

Cherokee:

You can keep checking every week or so to see if anything changes. It might.

Knox

Thanks to your advice on how to change a 40% off ressie, I was able to upgrade to the Poly from POR in November. I had called a few times and was always told NO, but then I called back today, asked for Guest Relations, told the CM that "I was told" I would need to speak to them in order to make the modification I needed to, etc and even though I never got through to Guest Relations, the CM I was working with was able to make all the changes. He had me on hold on and off for about 30 minutes, but got it for me. I was so thrilled. I think even he was impressed that it worked! He told me that I probably knew more than half the people he worked with:) So thank you, thank you, thank you.

I consider myself to be a bargain shopper extrodinaire so....
I am really depressed over missing FREE DDP...I just can't pull my DS (8th grade) out of school...Past attempts have shown that his body comes back home but his brain stays at WDW. ;)

We were lucky enough to get the 40% code and it worked out almost perfectly with our kid's fall break. I have tried to change our res. on 2 occasions now. Both times I have been told no. The last time I tried; I asked for guest services, he did not let me through to them. The CM said he would try to change it and did seem to take a few minutes but I am not sure what he was doing because he said he couldn't. I will try again today and I will be pushy...I hate to be pushy. However, I REALLY want to move from a value to a mod.
It is my 20th anniversary....ya'll send me some pixie dust.....

HI COCOWUM :wave: Do you remember us?...we met last Sept. in Adventureland waiting to see Jasmine, Aladin & the Gennie.

Thanks CG for the great advice.
I'll let you know what happens.:rolleyes1

Hi Cherokeemamma:yay: :yay: :yay:

When you call ask the CM to let you speak with guest services. The frontline CM that I originally spoke to said " Sorry, no availability." Then, I asked to speak with GS and she said "Why?!" quite defensively. In my sweetest voice I explained. The CM put me on hold for about a minute. She came back on the line and said "Mam, I'm sorry, I just checked with GS and there is no availibility." And, again in my sweetest voice I said "Mary, I really appreciate your help but will you please connect me with guest services." And she did. There wasn't any availability at WL but we were flexible and we were able to switch to AKL ( which I love!!!) and still keep our discount!!!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Call back, be nice but firm!:goodvibes Good luck!

We also were able to use the code even though we didn't get a postcard. Our reservation is for mid November. I would now like to add the Dining Plan to my reservation. Is this also difficult to do? Has anyone else successfully added Dining Plan at a later date to a 40% off reservation?

THANKS in advance

Donna

Donna:

Presuming you are already on a package (not just a room only reservation) this should be no problem. Remember, you will pay normal rates for the dining plan.

If you're not already on a package, you'll definitely need to speak to Guest Services; who may or may not be able to help you.

Knox

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter