How to Celebrate Mom's 50th Birthday

KBaum

Mouseketeer
Looks like my mom wants to spend her 50th birthday in Walt Disney World (who wouldn't?). As a former CM AND DISer (I've lurked for.ever) I'm going into a trip planning frenzy. The only thing I have left to figure out is how to best celebrate Mom's birthday when we're down there. :confused3 :confused3

I was thinking about having flowers / snacks delivered to the room for when we arrive, and of course all going out to a nice restaurant (CG?! I hope I hope :cloud9: ), but do you guys have any unique suggestions? My mom's the best and I want her to feel special.

Has anyone done the mother/daughter massage or spa treatment at Saratoga? Or know the prices for it? My sister and I will be down there and that might be a fun thing for the three of us to do.

Any other suggestions would be GREAT! I want her to feel like we're celebrating her birthday the WHOLE TIME.

(Heh, I was so bummed about the end of YOMD but this "Let's Celebrate" rollout will work perfectly for this trip).

Thanks!!!!!!!

How about tea at the GF? I just love it there. Or dinner at Narcossee's- or even V&A's? Or become part of a wishes or illuminations cruise? I also like the spa idea. You could check with the Disney Florist for some great gifts, too.

3150921303_0cce48671b_b.jpg

I'm a 50 year old mom and things that I have done "special" at WDW with one or more of my sons/dil's are:

1. Scavenger hunt through MK through Gifts of A Lifetime. Most awesome exeperience at MK ever.

2. Segway Tour Around the World (have done other tours but this is the most fun).

3. Illuminations Fireworks Cruise

4. Spa Treatments (have done them at SSR and GF both, like SSR better).

5. V&A Dinners.

6. Parasailing at the Contemporary.

One thing that I have not done is the GF Afternoon Tea but I so want to.

Just got back from Christmas week. We celebrated my wife's birthday and did a Wishes cruise. It was great! I know a lot of people like the Illuminations, but I personally think it's boring. Don't care for the floating globe. We did the Wishes cruise and had a cake delivered to the cake. It was truely a special evening.

I went on a solo 50th birthday trip and my sister had a surprise scavenger hunt at the magic kingdom for me. It was a blast I would suggest doing this.

All of this information is great! I have a friend who works in recreation on Bay Lake and we've done fireworks cruiseis in the past (for free :rolleyes1) but I didn't even think of doing it for my mom! I'll have to look into it. That would be really cool as they're such great boaters.

Thanks guys!!!

If you can't book an IllumiNations Cruise, you can do a 30 minute cruise on Breathless anytime from 2pm to 5pm at Bayside Marina. You can call ahead, but most times the boat is available and you can just walk up to the cashier and the driver will be available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter