How to carry Canon Xsi on rides?

mattypies

Earning My Ears
I see a lot of chatter about what bag to carry into the parks but I am still confused. If you choose a messenger style bag do you take it on the ride with you? If not where do you leave it? This will be our first year without a stroller so I can't figure out where to put our stuff! Previous years we would leave all non essentials; poncho, sunscreen, dry clothes etc in a bag attached to the handle of the stroller and just not worry about it. It is disney after all! I normally wear a fanny pack (tacky I know but at least it is Louise Vitton) with my small hand held camera, Key to the world and money. This year we have all that stuff plus a new DSLR that I would love to take with me.

I have a small case for the DSLR that I can wear over my body messenger style but what about when I go on Rock n Roller Coaster? What about Splash? How do I keep it dry? I have never noticed what others do....

Opinions please, please, please.....

Heather

I also wondered how to protect my camera ~ after all the best souvenier for me is photos that capture our memories at Disney!

I don't do the water rides, DH does them with our other boys while I stay dry with the little one. But if I did go on them, I would probably be sure to somehow wrap it really well maybe with a poncho? Otherwise I would just put it in it's case and in my messenger style bag with me on the ride. I have a Nikon DSLR and I don't go anywhere without it. Good luck!

We have a panasonic LX3 and we purchased a fabulous case from "lowepro" the Apex 30 AW. You can get it in different sizes on amazon, one of the many great things about it is the water-protecting cover that is attached at the bottom and goes over the entire bag. It is padded in the inside as well. Lowepro only makes camera bags and they are very nicely made; it cost around 20-25 dollars. Hope this helps. ;)

Do yourself and your wallet a favor, use the camera bag that you usually use and before you leave purchase the XL or XXL size Ziploc Storage bags, this is a cheap solution that is also good in case of rain!!

These are Large Stroage bags, not the usual sandwich, quart, or gallon bags...you can fit your entire pack into the bak and zip it closed!

Good Luck...and yes, I travel with a Nikon SLR Package, it is also a good Idea to get rain sleeves to protect the camera while shooting in the rain, they are about $6/Pair at a good camera shop, or you can find them online.

I actually have a handmade camera bag that I carry in the park which holds my DSLR, lenses and wallet/necessities. It's more like a purse/messenger bag but has interior pockets for lenses, etc. The lady that makes them, sells them on Etsy (although they're not cheap).

It's very easy to take on rides, and although I also don't do the wet rides, if it does rain, I carry a ziplog bag to put my DSLR in, inside the camera bag to ensure it doesn't get wet.

bag56.jpg

inside.jpg

(tacky I know but at least it is Louise Vitton)

Is Louise Vitton the knock off of Louis Vuitton :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I love typos especially my own :thumbsup2

Anyways, I always put our cameras in a ziploc bag and then into our bag. Never had a problem. Prior were you leaving the camera in the stroller? If so you are braver then I!

DH carried our Canon 5D and would just put a large ziploc bag around the bag he carried it in. He used a bag that just fit the camera and one lens and had a pocket for the flash.

I'm bringing my new DSLR for this trip as well. The bag I have will fit the camera in it while fully assembled. This will go on my right hip.

On my Left hip will go the fanny pack, with our digital handycam, park tickets, and maps and such.

On the back goes the camelback/backpack, containing the babies diapers, milk (in bottles in a small, lunchbag sized cooler... she LOVES cold milk, thank god), snacks for the boys and us, as well as a change of clothes for the baby, as well as 3.3 liters of water.

On the front IS the baby, in a baby carrier.

Furthermore, i will be pushing a double rented stroller with our kids in it.

The wife will carry..........................

Sunglasses.

But yeah, i was planning on doing the ziplock bag too.

I'm bringing my new DSLR for this trip as well. The bag I have will fit the camera in it while fully assembled. This will go on my right hip.

On my Left hip will go the fanny pack, with our digital handycam, park tickets, and maps and such.

On the back goes the camelback/backpack, containing the babies diapers, milk (in bottles in a small, lunchbag sized cooler... she LOVES cold milk, thank god), snacks for the boys and us, as well as a change of clothes for the baby, as well as 3.3 liters of water.

On the front IS the baby, in a baby carrier.

Furthermore, i will be pushing a double rented stroller with our kids in it.

The wife will carry..........................

Sunglasses.

But yeah, i was planning on doing the ziplock bag too.

:rotfl2:

Tell your wife I am green with envy, I am a single parent and your description reminded me of when the boys were babies, I always had something attached to both hips.

to stay on topic, I also recently purchased the xsi and have not yet bought a bag and was wondering which would be the best if I was going to purchase anyways.

I LOOOOVE my crumpler bag for my D90. I'm always afraid of it getting bumped and the crumpler is padded so I don't worry when it's in there.

I have an Xsi, and I have the bag that came with the Xsi starter kit, it works great. I have my external flash (Canon Speedlite 580EXII), zoom lens (Canon EF70-300mm IS, it's pretty big), a second small lens (Canon EF 50mm 1:1.8) extra battery for the Xsi, extra AA rechargeable batteries for the flash, and a small Canon SD800SI in it's own case. All this is the Canon case. It is very well padded, zippers and snaps shut. I have never had a problem, but I always put it in a locker for the rides that need it, especially the water rides. Too much $$ invested to do otherwise imho! Here's another thing I do, each lens has a $10 Canon UV filter, so just in case something hits it, or whatever, it's a lot cheaper to replace a $10 filter than a $500 zoom lens. I also bought these holders for the lens covers at B&H online. They were a couple of bucks, but priceless. They have a stretchy string that attaches to your camera, and a sticky pad that attaches to the lens cover. So you just pop the lens cover off and it hangs there from your camera, very convenient!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter