How to book "rainforest" room in spa?

sunshine girl

DIS Veteran
I'm cruising on the Disney Dream this March with my mom. I think we would both like the rainforest room in the spa. This may be a dumb question, but... how do I book it? I don't see it as an option when I log into my DCL reservation portal. This is one thing I do not want to miss out on!

This cruise thing is totally confusing! It's my first cruise and between trying unsuccessfully to book special dining (Palo and Remy were all booked up by the time I managed to get on to the DCL site, after it had "gone down for maintenance" at midnight 75 days pre-cruise, ugh), and trying to figure out the spa stuff, I am at a loss.

I also tried to book manicures for my mom and I ... we'd like to do them at the same time, but we couldn't book more than one person per time slot. Apparently they either have only one manicurist, or are not accepting more than one reservation per time slot right now. Rats!

If you want a multi-day or 2 person rainforest pass, you can get that after you board. You do not have to book this in advance and it is not a "scheduled" thing.

If you want a single day pass, there is a cost saving to purchasing it in advance. It should show up under spa options. Manicure for two of you--book one right after the other for now, then talk to them at the spa after boarding. On the Magic they have more than one mani/pedi chair, and they can sometimes shuffle staff around to give you what you want. Since you are on the Dream, no one can speak to exactly what the situation will be, but it's always worth talking to the people in the spa.

As to your reservations for Palo, Remy, etc. about half of the reservations are held back; not available on line in advance. After boarding, go to the location for "Palo Reservations" that will be noted on your Welcome Aboard Navigator (you get this at check in), and there is a good chance that you will be able to get a reservation.

Thank you for that speedy reply! I was unable to book the back-to-back manicures when I booked (on day 75 when my booking window opened) but we both got an appointment for the same day at least, so that will have to do for now. :)

I swear, I do not see any sign of the rainforest room on the spa reservations page on the planning dashboard web portal. I have read that list 100 times. Maybe they don't have it up yet for the Dream? I imagine that there has to be SOME kind of capacity limit for this experience, even if it is unscheduled. We are not into the massages but I imagine we'll want to visit the rainforest room daily if we can!

We will definitely try to get a Palo/Remy spot once we're on board. I am taking DCL transportation from WDW to the port, so I won't exactly be able to choose how early I get on board. Hopefully there will be reservations left. If not I'm sure we'll have a great time anyway -- it won't make or break the cruise of course! -- but I would like to try at least one of the two.

Thanks again... hopefully this rainforest room will become available online for the Dream soon!

For reassurance purposes, there really is no limit to the number of people in the Rainforest, at least on the Magic. There are the 4 heated chairs, and on our trans-Atlantic sailing it wasn't unusual to have people sitting on the benches (also heated stone) waiting for a chair to open. In addition there are the three steam rooms. Many times, I've been the only person in there, most of the time there are others. Only on the TA did I ever feel it was crowded or even approaching what might be considered "full."

They do SAY that they limit the number of multi-day passes that they sell, but I've never been denied one. I suspect this is a sales ploy.

Awesome, thank you again for the information. I will be sure to ask about all this stuff as soon as I get on board!

:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter