How the heck do I get on Peter Pan??

Canooknic

DIS Veteran
I have tried first thing and then throughout the day and the wait is always 30+ minutes (usually more like 45-60).
Does everyone run to get Fastpasses like TSM?
Tomorrow we will be at MK for 2hrs before flying home and still have to meet Peter Pan too!!!!

Any advice would be so incredibly appreciated!

Canooknic said:
I have tried first thing and then throughout the day and the wait is always 30+ minutes (usually more like 45-60).
Tomorrow we will be at MK for 2hrs before flying home and still have to meet Peter Pan too!!!!

Unless you get there in the first hour or so of park open, FP is the only sane way to go on Pan. FPs typically last well into the afternoon.

I find that as long as get there within the first hour of operation I can usually just walk onto this attraction.

Were fastpasses not available? We were there a couple of weeks ago and used fastpasses. We were lucky and they were not that far out in return times.

The last time I was there, I walked straight there at rope drop and walked right onto the ride. Other than getting a FP, I don't know a fast way to get on the ride.

This is always our first ride...our daughters favorite. So, we get to the park at rope drop and head straight there. If we want to ride later, we grab a FP.

Because it's such a slow loading ride, and only 2-3 persons to a *ship* the line gets crazy long really quick. We never wait standby, always get a FP for this. It is very popular as well as slow.

I find that as long as get there within the first hour of operation I can usually just walk onto this attraction.

:thumbsup2

If you really want to go on it, get to rope drop and head to Peter Pan first. We have never ridden it any other time of day because the lines get ridiculous after the first hour even on the quietest of days.

Be glad you're not at DL where PP is a rope drop must at all times. It has no FP at all.

It's always a walk-on at rope drop over spring break for us. We quickly walk there first, then Pooh, then Dumbo. If I couldn't get there at rope drop, I would FP it.

We've never ridden without a fastpass, but that may be because we are not "rope-droppers". :) It is always at least a 60 minute wait. Ugh! We didn't get to ride last trip.

We have never used a fast pass for PP, we usually rode within the first 30-45 mins and have never waited more than 5-10 mins. We always go in early August so not a slow time

I agree with the others that Rope Drop is the only sure way to get on the Pan. Have been down the last couple of years in June or July or August and have had no problem that early.

We are confident in our routine that we most always go to Space Mtn. get the fastpass and ride and then walk over to Peter Pan for a 10 minute wait.

I love :rotfl2: the fake out that line gives you. Just when you think your going to take that left up the ramp to the ride, you turn the corner and see that long line towards the Harbor house that goes down and back. Ouch!

Peter Pan is my favorite ride and I swear I have nightmares of going to Disney World and not being able to ride it because the line is too long! Thank goodness that has never actually happened!

We always head there at rope drop and ride it first, and then get a FP to ride it later too. Sometimes the waits at evening EMH aren't too bad if you wait until well into the EMH.

Good luck, I really hope you get to ride it! Get there at rope drop and book it to Fantasyland and you should be good!

This morning we did MK at Rope Drop. 1st thing FP's for PP, then Cindarella's stepsisters / stepmother, Tomorrowland Speedway (anything but speedy), Mary Poppins and rode PP - I think our return time was 9:55. Cute ride but IMO not worth a 60 min wait. Good luck.

In our three trips we've only seen PP once and it was in Adventureland. Also saw Capt. Hook & Mr. Smee.

Is this the same Peter Pan ride as the one at Disneyland or is it different? I have been on the ride many many times @ Dland, but I didn't realize it was so popular.

Thanks so much for the PP tips !

I have never tried this ride due to the wait times.

I will be sure to try it at Rope Drop

On average crowd days where MK is open till 10/11/12 it drops to 20 to 10 mins after the fireworks/2nd Main Street Electrical Parade from what I've seen. THose are the only times I have ridden it standby. Otherwise, I'd have to go fastpass.

Assuming your 2 hours of time at Magic Kingdom are in the morning before you leave, I'd be there for Rope Drop and walk right to it, you should walk right on. AFter that I'd focus on meeting Peter Pan. Kenny the Pirate has a wonderful schedule and Peter Pan is on here if you scroll down

I know it will not pertain to you, since you are leaving well before, but after our fourth trip and still no pan or pooh we happened to be in that area during fireworks. Walked onto both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter