How tame is the "tamer" version of Mission Space??

herbg

Earning My Ears
Don't think I'd take a chance on the original version of Mission Space. I've heard that there is now a choice for a "tamer" version.

What's the difference between the 2? Has anyone experienced both?

I have a feeling we'll be skipping this attraction... I don't mind roller-coasters but twirling around does me no good....

I was wondering that too I get sick really easily so it would be good to know!!!

You should be okay on the tame version. I did the regular one and thought it was awesome. My gf almost barfed but she has panic attacks shopping for shoes...

I rode the tame version, Team Green. It was very tame. If you ride roller coasters you can handle this. It feels bumpy at times. Sometimes you are pushed back in your seat. It is nothing intense. My kids rode both and they loved the Team Orange (intense) ride. I think Star Tours at DHS was worse. I felt motion sick after that. I had no ill feelings after Mission Space. I would not hesitate to drag my Dad, who is 77, on this ride.

I tend to get queasy too. I have to take anti-nausea pills during my whole vacation. Even with the pills the 'more intense' side leaves me feeling yucky. You can feel the spinning motion when the ride first starts up. Intense pressure during 'take off'. I had tears being 'forced' out of my eyes. And I couldn't lift my arms.

The 'less intense' doesn't bother me. No spinning feeling, just some pressure (not bad) during 'take off'. My DD9 was so afraid to ride this...now it's one of her favs!

On hint is to keep your eyes looking straight ahead at the screen. Do not look around while the ride is active or you feel disoriented and may make you sick.

To help you out Disney has installed fans in the ride capsule to keep you cool...oh, and barf bags too.

I get motion sick pretty easily, but I had no problem with the tamer version of Mission Space at all.

I think I can give you a pretty good idea because we went through this same thing last Sept. My wife gets kinda queasy on rides but me and my 2 daughters cant get enough of every kind of ride. The more intense the better. Well we went on the tame version and all like it. My wife got through it no problem so she was feeling kinda brave and decided to go on the intense one.
After the ride she was feeling sick for the next 2 hours and would not ride anything that moved fast for the rest of the day. Me and my daughters went on it 2 more times while she sat on a bench trying to get the world to stop moving.
So just to sum up if you get motion sickness Tame good intense bad. :)

We were there from April 10-16, and my dd (6) and I did the tame version while DH and DD (8) did the intense. I was nervous after all the posts about how horrible it was, etc... but thought it was fine. There are barf bags available inside the rides if you need them (I doubt that you will!). It is basically a simulation ride that has bumps and movement, but nothing terrible.

DH stated that on the intense version, with the spinning included, it more or less made it so you could feel the force of the g's on your body- he doesn't get sick on rides, but said that if the ride had gone on much longer on the intense version, he may have been sick afterwards. DD (8) wasn't bothered by it at all though.

We all did the ride a second time- this time, all of us did the non-intensive version and we all enjoyed it!

My family had done Stars Tours and loved it so during our last visit we tried the tame version on MS and it is similar, we all enjoyed it including DD7 and DD5, I will admit that I was getting a little nervous reading all the warnings before the ride, I also felt son was getting nervous but in the end it was fun.

I love the orange, and I though the green would be pretty boring, but it is actually pretty exciting. You feel the accelerations and turns, but not the g-forces.

As for motion sickness, that is going to vary from person to person, but the rule of thumb that seems to work well is 'if you can handle star tours, you can handle ms: green'.

GB

To be quite honest, I really don't find the two versions THAT much different.:confused3 You still get alot of the same sensations on both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter