How tall are 2 & 3 year olds?

Principessa1284

<font color=royalblue>The girl whose MIL brought h
DBF and I are taking his nephews, 2.5 and 3.5 to the world for a weekend in about a month. I know this is a general assumption, but around how tall should they be? I know what rides would be good for them, but I have NO idea what rides they CAN ride with the height restrictions. I don't want to get them excited about a ride (they've never been there) and have them be WAY too short.

Any help would be great! TIA!!

I would have their parents measure them as children do vary greatly in height. My DS was 37" at 3.

Be warned, that Disney usually does not bend if a child is too short for a given ride.

My DD rode splash 6 weeks before she was 3 so she was over 40", just though as she was measured constantly by the CM's

Alot of the rides do not have a height requirement on them. (according to everything I've read on some sites) Such as Pirates of the Caribbean, Dumbo, Peter Pan, Pooh Bear, Haunted Mansion and alot more. There is a 44 inch requirement for Space Mountain and 40 inch requirement on Thunder and Splash Mountain. I'm sure thers is a thread on these boards somewhere that has all the rides requirements. I haven't found one yet, but I'm sure there's got to be one somewhere...lol!

I have big kids -- older ds was 38" when he was 2 and 42" when he was 3.25 (measured him at the local county fair to see what rides he could go on). My younger ds just turned 2 and he was 39.25" at his check-up last month (that is HUGE btw). His twin was 37" that same doc's visit. Note that all 3 of my kids are in the 99%ile for length.

Remember it's not just about height restrictions but maturity as well. The height restrictions are there because of safety issues, not because of the contents of the ride. Use yours and their mom's judgment as to what rides are inappropriate even if they do meet the height restrictions. For example, older ds (will be nearly 4 when we're there) will almost definitely be going on Big Thunder and Splash Mountain, but not on Space Mountain, regardless of whether he meets the height restrictions).

Have a great trip!!!!!!

I have a 2.5 and 3.5,
the 3.5 is just over 36 inches, but is at the very bottom of the growth chart,

the 2.5 is about 1 inch shouter and is in the middle of the growth chart

the only ride with a restriction they fit on was "barn stormer" a childs roller coaster, they loved it

I doubt the 2.5 will be 40 inches the 3.5 mite if he is tall for his age so if you dont plan on splitting thim up on rides the only thing with a restriction they can ride (that I found) is the barn stormer

DD is 3 and 37 inches (measured in stocking feet on Tuesday). I'm hoping she looks taller next month when we go to WDW.

My son has always measured around the 50th percentile for height (i.e. average) and at 3 he was about 38.5 inches in shoes.

DD is 2 and is 34 1/2" - I'm hoping she will hit the 35" mark to ride Barnstormer for our Apr/May trip - she keeps seeing pictures and videos of it on shows we have and wants to go on it.

My six yr old just hit 48", and she's tall for her age (2nd tallest, and the taller girl is 4 months older, and both parents are over 6'2"). I found a list somewhere that most "big" rides have a requirement of at least 44".

That's one of the reasons, knowing we could only afford to go once, that we waited until she was 6.....

You will have to find out how tall they are. It varies so much
My oldest hit 40 inches when he was 2.5
My youngest will be 2.5 in May and is only 32inches. I suspect he may gain an inch between now and then. THat would be a 7inch difference between brothers at the same age.

thanks so much for all the replies!! the easiest thing to do WOULD be to have mom measure them, but given the circumstances, I wouldn't even bother to ask. although they are cared for, she's 21 and a bit on the flighty side and pretty much has them on her own since Dad is in jail... but that's another thread. Asking her to measure them may cause such a "gross inconvinence," or she wouldn't do it right. She's DBF's sister so I'll be nice. :) They're not a disney family so i'm trying my best to convert them.

But thanks for all the info! I have all the height restrictions, I just wanted to get a rough estimate. I'll measure them myself when they get here the day before and go from there :thumbsup2

My DD is 38.5-39" and she is two years, seven months. She's pretty tall for her age though. She was 36" even at her two year check up.

We're hoping she'll be 40" with her tennis shoes on when we go to Disney next month :)

DS just turned 3 and was 38" at his check up (he was around the 50percentile). We went to WDW last April, when he was 27 months and he wasn't tall enough for the Barnstormer. He still had plently of stuff to keep him happy. I am hoping he will hit the 40" mark for our trip in August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter