How strict is TSA

Correct, they are a solid even though. If they maintain their shape outside of the container in which they are carried, they are considered a solid. They would only be considered liquid (at all) if you melted them down into a (I guess) jelly.

Yes.

However, as an example, hard boiled eggs used to be considered liquids/gels even though they will just glare back at you retaining their shape. Within the last year, TSA has seen the light and now consider hard boiled eggs solids :-) I had a fascinating email exchange with the TSA re: hard boiled eggs last summer that I hope never to have to repeat with anyone ever again !!

The TSA item look-up guide is quite useful (and at times a little entertaining). I also find it a good idea to double-check things close to a flight because the status of items and rules can change -- usually it is to be more permissive, but there have been times when things have become more restrictive.

SW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter