How strict is the 4 year old rule for clubs at WL?

mrstomrice

Disney Planning Fanactic!
We just booked WL and see that they have a kids club. My DS 3 will be 1 month shy of turning 4 when we go. Is the 4 year old rule that strict? I would be surprised if we choose to use it, but it may be nice for all of us! Thanks!

Unfortunately children MUST be at least 4 years old to go to the kids clubs.

There are a couple of options for in-room childcare. Kids Night Out & Fairy Godmothers (I think). If you do a search, there are lots of great reviews of both on the DISboards.

Otherwise, if it is something you really want to do on your trip, you can always reschedule your trip for a later date, when your child is older. Or, it's always a good excuse for another trip down the road:)

It's not just a Disney rule - it is a Florida State child care regulation - so children really need to be four to use the kids clubs

Very strict.As others have said it is not a Disney rule, it is a FLorida state childcare rule.They do not require Proof, but they do have the age of your child from your resort reservation info, and they have been known to ask children how old they are. It is for your childs protection, if something were to happen while at the club, legally you would have no leg to stand on since you sign a paper attesting that the age of your child is 4 -12 yrs of age.

Hmmm, these replies are interesting. When we stayed at the WL last year, our son was 3 years, 5 months old. So not quite 3 and a half. His sister was 5 at the time. We took them both to the kids club to check it out. I fully disclosed to the CM's that he was not 4, although he was fully potty trained at that point. The CM's said, "We're not that busy this week, so we'll gladly take him". We ended up changing our plans and didn't send our kids to the Kids Club, but it was nice to know we had the option.

To the OP, stop in to the Cubs Den and ask. Can't hurt. :goodvibes

Hmmm, these replies are interesting. When we stayed at the WL last year, our son was 3 years, 5 months old. So not quite 3 and a half. His sister was 5 at the time. We took them both to the kids club to check it out. I fully disclosed to the CM's that he was not 4, although he was fully potty trained at that point. The CM's said, "We're not that busy this week, so we'll gladly take him". We ended up changing our plans and didn't send our kids to the Kids Club, but it was nice to know we had the option.

To the OP, stop in to the Cubs Den and ask. Can't hurt. :goodvibes

I think perhaps the CMs statement that they weren't that busy might be the key. It is possible that a smaller adult child ratio is needed for younger children, i.e. if they weren't busy they would be able to meet the required ratio for younger children

I think perhaps the CMs statement that they weren't that busy might be the key. It is possible that a smaller adult child ratio is needed for younger children, i.e. if they weren't busy they would be able to meet the required ratio for younger children

That's probably it. I know here in MA, the ratios are different based on the age of the kids. Perhaps if the kids club isn't too busy when the OP is there, they may allow her not quite 4 year old to attend. Also, being potty trained is definitely required.

Thanks for your replies. We'd likely never use it, since we are there as a family for a family trip. I understand the ratio perspective. Thanks!

This is correct.The younger the child the HIGHER the adult to child ratio needs to be.If they were not busy that meant they were able to accomodate the child with the ratio of staff on hand.This is NOT the norm, nor can it be counted on.All you can do is ask.When we had our DD at the Sandcastle Club, they point blank asked my daugher her age, and made it clear that under 4 was not acceptable due to childcare regs..But they were booked solid for the night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter