How strict are they on FP+ return times?

boltfan

DIS Veteran
We are attending a MVMCP in November and have a FP+ for 7DMT for 3:10-4:10 (FINALLY got one today!). We only have party tickets for that day. I'm worried that with us not being allowed in until 4:00 that we might not be able to make it to the ride by 4:10. Will we be turned away or will they let us through if we don't get there until 4:25? (I do plan on continuing to try for a later time) Thanks!

I've heard that you shouldn't count on that 15 minute grace period, that it's at the CM's discretion.

We are attending a MVMCP in November and have a FP+ for 7DMT for 3:10-4:10 (FINALLY got one today!). We only have party tickets for that day. I'm worried that with us not being allowed in until 4:00 that we might not be able to make it to the ride by 4:10. Will we be turned away or will they let us through if we don't get there until 4:25? (I do plan on continuing to try for a later time) Thanks!

Be at the gates by 3:30 as they may open the gates at 3:45. Head directly to the ride and don't pick up your Party Wristband until after the ride. You can get the wristband near Stitch and also by Tortuga Tavern.

Be at the gates by 3:30 as they may open the gates at 3:45. Head directly to the ride and don't pick up your Party Wristband until after the ride. You can get the wristband near Stitch and also by Tortuga Tavern.

As far as I know, your must get your wristband immediately after getting your ticket scanned.

There is a 15 minute grace period and I used it last year. I would say that you should plan on being as close to the gate as possible so you can get through as close to 4:00 as you can. I think it's doable to get there by 4:25.

Did you try to look for single FP+ that you can overlap a little later? Sometimes you can't get 3-4 FP+s for a specific time but you can get pairs or even singles that overlap.

They've been letting people in at 3:50 and sometimes earlier so if you are there ready to get in, it shouldn't be a problem.

There is a 15 minute grace period and I used it last year. I would say that you should plan on being as close to the gate as possible so you can get through as close to 4:00 as you can. I think it's doable to get there by 4:25.

Did you try to look for single FP+ that you can overlap a little later? Sometimes you can't get 3-4 FP+s for a specific time but you can get pairs or even singles that overlap.

I tried but they were all earlier in the day. Hopefully more will open up as I get closer to my dates!

They were strict on 7DMT when we were there at least on the arriving early. One group in front of us was very upset when they were not allowed to enter 5 minutes prior to the window.

They were strict on 7DMT when we were there at least on the arriving early. One group in front of us was very upset when they were not allowed to enter 5 minutes prior to the window.

I was there last week and was able to get in 3 or 4 minutes early for several rides, I think 7DMT was one of them. I don't think I hit exactly 5. They may have been a little over 5, depending on the clock. I didn't try late.

We got in for Space Mtn late...I don't even remember how late we were but I think it was at least 20 min. Anyway, it was completely up to the CM whether we got on or not. One asked another and he waved us through. I believe they have to clear it in the system so your band will turn Mickey green for the first stop and then again for the 2nd. For 7D, I don't know how generous they would be...

We had a FP+ that ended at 4:10 on a party day so we just got there earlier than 4:00. We were allowed to enter just after 3:30 for a MNSSHP last week. I would just plan on getting there closer to 3:30 and you should have no trouble getting there for your FP.

I was in a similar situation last week, my 7dMT expired at 4:20 though. I made sure to be in line early, around 3:20 or so and was reasonably close to the front of the line. The line behind me just grew and grew though, so make sure to get there early. They started scanning us in at around 3:50 and it took no time being toward the front to get scanned and get my wristband and candy bag.

When you enter the park, head up Main Street through the hub and take the right path by the castle that loops around near the teacups. That is the quickest route. I think you should be able to make it without problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter