How soon should I call Fidelity

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by goofydad621, May 20, 2013.

  1. goofydad621

    goofydad621 DIS Veteran

    Apr 5, 2004
    We have a contract that has been sent for ROFR on 5/8 We used Fidelity for a broker on this. When would you call to see if Disney has exercised their option or not? I know that it is early in the process but I have read numerous threads where Disney has taken a contract and Fidelity has not let the buyer know promptly and if that has happened to us I want to start looking for another contract.
    I don't want to be pushy but I don't want to waste time either

    Dave Goofydad Dionne
  2. Avatar

    DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

    to hide this adverts.
  3. AJA

    AJA DIS Veteran

    Sep 16, 2008
    Our ROFR process took a full month. It's only been 12 days, that's probably too early.

    It doesn't hurt to call and touch base though. Most brokers know buyers are excited and shouldn't mind taking a phone call or email half way through the process kwim? :)
  4. Missyrose

    Missyrose DIS Veteran

    Jan 18, 2009
    I wouldn't bother calling until June 4, which would put you at 27 days. Still might be too early. Fidelity is overloaded as it is, why would you needlessly call about a contract that went to ROFR 12 days ago?
  5. Msmithmd

    Msmithmd DIS Veteran

    Jul 18, 2012
    Way, way too early. Don't even ask until four full weeks (28d) after it was submitted. Resale takes patience. Guaranteed they don't have an answer for you now.
  6. rock_doctor

    rock_doctor DIS Veteran

    Apr 6, 2009
    Know how you feel. You are chomping at the bit to see how it works out. If you just can't wait you can give them a "touching base call" but they will not hear for a while. Have you checked the ROFR thread, are they ROFR'ing for the resort you are buying into? In reality, i suspect they ROFR a very small percentage of resale purchases.
  7. nkosiek

    nkosiek Mouseketeer

    Mar 11, 2013
    I worked with Fidelity and I waited until the 3rd week to contact them. They were actually pretty good about letting me know we passed during the 4th week. Two weeks in is not a lot of time, so as much as you want to know now, I'd just wait until next Tuesday (assuming they are closed for Memorial Day) to ask about things.

Share This Page