• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How soon does SW have DING specials after new date release?

postesf

Keep Pushing
Hello!!! I am new to this SW thing. I cannot access DING at work, so I am going to keep an eye on the SW DING thread, but...

I'd like to know how soon after they release the new dates avialable for booking do they release DINGS? I am trying to get my inlaws tickets from RDU to Orlando, Round trip, Jan 31-Feb 7. I read in another thread where SW is scheduled to release flight schedules for those months on Aug 23. How soon after should I expect a DING fare? Anyone know???

Thanks so much!!! :banana:

Dings are usually released for travel dates within 4-6 weeks. For example, yesterday's Ding was for travel in the month of September. You probably won't be seeing Dings for February until late December or January.
There is no concrete timetable to Dings!
Here is a link to a thread where Dings! are recorded. You can check it out and see the date the Ding was released and the travel period it applied to.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=957753&page=128

Personally, I book my airfare as soon as the fares are released. It is usually at least equal to what I would pay with another carrier. If a Ding! is released, I reboook at the lower fare and then have the ticketless travel funds to use at a later date. If a Ding! doesn't come out, I already have my airfare booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter