How soon do you start packing??

Well i brought out the suitcases a while ago and am glad I did - as I was buying things I just threw them in there. Now we're down to about a week left and I will probably start packing clothes on Monday - if I pack all our summer clothes now we'll be naked for the next week :lmao:

I just finished getting 99% of our toiletries, got our park bags & ponchos and a h2O bottle for DH. We go 9/13 and I go over my excel list every other day. It has 4 sheets, 1 for our resort info, ADR info, Packing info and the outfit sheet....which reminds me to go on ebay and get some aqua shoes for hubby...he doesn't have any...

I just finished getting 99% of our toiletries, got our park bags & ponchos and a h2O bottle for DH. We go 9/13 and I go over my excel list every other day. It has 4 sheets, 1 for our resort info, ADR info, Packing info and the outfit sheet....which reminds me to go on ebay and get some aqua shoes for hubby...he doesn't have any...
yes! another list maker! my dw picks on me because i have a "check" list. i told her i have never forgotten anything ,yet, and im not planning on starting now. it was funny, a few years ago someone, not me or dd,someone forgot underware!! :lmao: we ask her eveytime before we back out of the driveway! "got your britches":lmao:

yes! another list maker! my dw picks on me because i have a "check" list. i told her i have never forgotten anything ,yet, and im not planning on starting now. it was funny, a few years ago someone, not me or dd,someone forgot underware!! :lmao: we ask her eveytime before we back out of the driveway! "got your britches":lmao:

:rotfl:

I've been dreaming of going ever since we got back the day after Thanksgiving 2007:wizard:. I booked our trip in March and I have been collecting things since then:rolleyes1. I bought a few bathroom items and a couple of memory cards, my husband a few pair of new shorts and my son another pair off tennis shoes:thumbsup2. Our trip isn't for another 52 days:sad1:. I'll start packing the suit cases the week before. I'll have enough stuff for a family of six instead of a family of three:confused3. That is the game I play for the Disney trip:cool1:.

We leave Sept 12th and I have already started throwing stuff in a suitcase. When DH and I came back from our anniversary trip in May, we just left the suitcase in our room. (The kids don't know we are going! They think mommy and daddy are too lazy to put the suitcase away! :lmao:) I've picked up t shirts and towels here and there and have thrown those in. I found their little fans and light up Disney toys I got them before our last trip and threw those in too. I also have started a bag of pennies and quarters to take along for pressed penny machines so that is in there. Nothing too hardcore, but yes, I have started too. :rotfl:

We leave for our land and sea disney vacation THIS Sunday, Aug. 2nd. I booked on May 2nd and started packing immediately. I started spring cleaning (a little late) and found things that I knew we'd need on the trip. Fans, rain ponchos, quart sized bags and trial sized toiletries (for the airplane). I got out our disney shirts, purses, totes, hats, etc and put them out too. Right now, my living room looks like chaos, but I love it and am so excited!!! My DD10 keeps saying "Let's leave now!":sail::tigger:

We leave for the airport hotel this Sunday and fly on Monday August 3rd.

OMG cannot believe how organised you all are - the closest to being ready that we are is to have pulled our suitcases down from the loft and I have written a list of all the bits I need to buy before we leave.

I figure that most of the important things I will remember such as passports and the kids :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: and things that I forget we can pick up on our travels in Orlando.

I will start packing in 8 days! Thats when the kids are back in school and I can think! I will also be able to pack the clothes that they cant wear to school but can wear to WDW. Tank tops, shorts stuff like that. My DH is not coming, so its going to make him crazy to see the suitcases out and half-packed, but it must be done. I always forget something!

We go to WDW in January and we live in Illinois. When I put away summer clothes, I just go ahead and put what we will need for WDW in the suitcase instead of in the crawl space. For the girls, I try to plan for some growth, and pack accordinly. About two weeks ahead of time, I get the suitcases out and re-evaluate what I have. Hopefully everything still fits and we are ready. So far I've only had to scrounge in the crawl space once to find outfits for my littlest due to a MAJOR growth spurt....

I am alread getting things ready for DH & I's 15th anniversary trip in January 2010. The girls aren't going this time, so it should be easier to be ready!!

Mary Beth
mom of princess:princess:princess:

This year when we went, I packed 3 weeks ahead of time. It helps me get in "the mood" for Disney. Not that I need alot of help getting in the mood, because I am always in the mood for Disney. :banana:

I been using a list for years, 42 trips and never forgot anything, wife does her thing, I prefer my way. My list has quantities of every item, first I list, then lay it all out, check the list, readjust the items and write in final totals for packing. When I return, I check what I actually used and what I didn't against the list so I don't make the same mistake twice. Nothing I hate more is packing too much, this has gotten my packing down to a real good science. I see what my wife packs and returns home with unused, hey, you pack it, you tote it. We're headed out in 49 days and next week, I'll make my list and start laying out my stuff. I like to have my bag packed and zipped 1 1/2 weeks before departing, makes for me less stress and I have stuff used strictly for vacations. Toiletries I replace as soon as we return home so I'm always good to go on a moments notice anywhere, anytime.

My biggest problem is my goody bag, carry-on. It has, listed too, my play things, Ipod, gameboy etc. I like to take 3 good novels with me, we take the train and it's a long ride, and finding good books that I haven't read yet tough, same for a magazine. We tote a portable DVD player, so finding some unseen DVD's is another problem, we use the player at WDW too since their cable is awful, so here in the near future I better be getting my rear in gear. It's not like we never packed for WDW before but as the time gets closer, the excitement grows, yes, even after 42 trips we're like little kids going for the first time and we're pushing 60 with a very short stick, well she is, my stick broke this past March.

I usually push things off until as late as possible. I know, sad. Usually start picking up supplies from the store about a week ahad of the trip, and don't start packing until at least 2 days before leaving.

I have been packing DD for about 6 weeks now. I have been picking up some bigger summer stuff for her at yard sales so that goes right into her suitcase. I find toddler snacks on sale and they go in. She has a few Tinkerbell shirts I got on clearance that she can't ruin until DW. We don't leave until December but it will probably take me that long to find everything I want to take and get it all organized. We will not have a car so I hate the idea of paying an arm and a leg for something I should have remembered to grab. But DD is the fun one. She is probably 33% packed and will be done a month ahead of time. My stuff is much more boring and I'll probably throw that into the suitcase a few days before we leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter