How soon do you start packing???

growinupdisney

DIS Veteran
We are leaving for te fort on April 14 just made ressies last week so I have just started to pack which is late for me because anytime I have a trip planned fo anywhere I start at least 2 -3 months a head even when not camping!! My DH picks on me because of all my lists! Am I crazy?:grouphug::grouphug: I now there has to be people like me. Thanx to these boards I have proved to my DH that I'm not the only Disney nut out there! He is coming around he starting to love disney more especially since he can stay at the fort he said we can't stay anywhere else!!

I am the same way....I haven't technically "booked" my trip,...but I have an idea of when were going (1st week of May)....and I am already looking at Walmart and other places to start purchasing my camping gear that I don't already have...I'm trying not to make my lists yet because I haven't technically booked the trip,...but I'm already thinking of the EMH and the days to go to what park,...and I have 3 restaraunts I know I want to try...so I am "mind" planning...and I am driving myself nuts! lol!

So no your not the only one!

I am a last minute guy. I pack the night before I leave for any trip. If I start any earlier, I would over pack. I am also a light packer, and take the minimum amount of clothing. My wife, however, well that's a different story.

I leave for the fort Oct. 21 and I have started. J/K, but I do have my list of things to aquire before we go, and list of things to not forget already going as well. You aren't weird or crazy, just prepared. That's what I tell my DH, and he believes me. Or just apeases me....:upsidedow

I know I am bad, we go about every other year and I still print menus of the restaurants I want to go to, I buy a guide book everytime, look over any tips I might not already know etc... If I waited til the night before I would explode:rotfl: My husband and I have been in the camper everynight so far just talking and looking to see what will go where and what we need! I think the planning and getting ready to go is the part!!! Well, until you get there and the real fun begin!!:woohoo:

My wife starts putting items aside 3 months before we leave. I won't pack them into the camper until the night before(only principle). She gets angry at me before we even leave. Once we start traveling, she's nothing but happy. I like to get the first argument of the trip out of the way in the driveway.

My wife starts putting items aside 3 months before we leave. I won't pack them into the camper until the night before(only principle). She gets angry at me before we even leave. Once we start traveling, she's nothing but happy. I like to get the first argument of the trip out of the way in the driveway.
:lmao:

Welcome, by your humor I can tell you will fit right in here. :thumbsup2

I love this. :lmao:

Unfortunately my DH is more anal about packing then I am. So he makes me start packing about 2 - 3 weeks ahead of time at a minimum. He does give me some slack if I am taking clothes from the season that we are currently in though. So last summer when we went I had until the day before to pack the shorts. Otherwise, if its fall up here those shorts need to be packed as soon as I wash them at the end of the season - doesn't matter if the trip is scheduled for November. :rotfl2:

Altho I do help her as needed, I leave the packing up to DW.
HOWEVER,,as soon as we make ressies for the Fort,,I start gett'n the fish'n equipment cleaned up, rerigged and sorted. :thumbsup2

you can never start to early planning and packing your fish equipment.
(don't wanna leave anything behind) :fish:

I leave for the fort Oct. 21 and I have started. J/K, but I do have my list of things to aquire before we go, and list of things to not forget already going as well. You aren't weird or crazy, just prepared. That's what I tell my DH, and he believes me. Or just apeases me....:upsidedow

:)Hi again fellow Mainer, how long does it take you to get to Disney, we're leaving Friday 10/23, hopefully around 6 or 7am....:confused:do you stop and sleep or just switch drivers?

I like to get the first argument of the trip out of the way in the driveway.

Hey, thats the same as me and my wife !
And the second argument at the end of the driveway.
The third argument a block away.
The fourth down the road.
the fifth at the edge of town.
the sixth......oh,, never mind.

We don't leave until the 16th of April, with a check in date of 4/19, but my dining room looks like Campers World with all the stuff set out and ready to be packed. I truly am an obsessive compulsive list maker, vacation planner, and packer. It used to puzzle DH, but after 20 years, he's grown accustomed to it. :rolleyes:

I have been making lists since February for our April trip! My DH and I have also been running around getting our motorhome ready also!!

Ok, so I am not the only early/overpacker........good thing. THis is our first camping trip to the fort, but we usually go down every other year and stay at a hotel, but I know how I am with a hotel stay, so I can imagine how I will be for a camp trip. We arent leaving until October but I have already started watching sales and started putting aside stuff for the kids. We wont start any heavy packing until September but my hubby doesnt load the camper until two days before we are suppose to leave. I also have lists, and lists of my lists and sub lists.etc. My hubby cant stand it. I do have a list of things to get before we leave for the camper. Glad to know I am not alone....:lmao:

I also have lists, and lists of my lists and sub lists.etc. \

We must have been separated at birth! I am right there with you.:thumbsup2

Oh my I am glad I am not the only one. I have a stack of things in my bedroom that need to get loaded in the trailer , food in the basement and about a month ago I asked my husband if he wanted to move the trailer to our "summer " location nearer to the house so I can pack it. He looked at me like I had two heads - and said "why we still have 2 months before we leave !!" :confused:I think we may have snow on the ground.
My kids have some of their summer stuff already packed in the trailer - I guess the appledoen't fall to far from the tree! :lmao:

Is this my husband? :rotfl:
We leave the 5th of April & I have the suitcases started, been picking up stuff for a couple months for our trip, the camper's been in the shop (new brakes/tires) and this upcoming weekend we'll actually scrub it out front to back (I hope). I have multiple lists of necessary items to bring, undoubtedly provided on here. The anticipation of a trip is so sweet, actually leaving will be bitter-sweet.

We unpack from one trip, wash everything and repack it. We are always packed and ready to go, just have to throw in some clothes and food and we are off

I am so a last minute packer. I find that if i start earlier, I end up forgetting a lot of things! Go figure!!

Oh my I am glad I am not the only one. I have a stack of things in my bedroom that need to get loaded in the trailer , food in the basement and about a month ago I asked my husband if he wanted to move the trailer to our "summer " location nearer to the house so I can pack it. He looked at me like I had two heads - and said "why we still have 2 months before we leave !!" :confused:I think we may have snow on the ground.
My kids have some of their summer stuff already packed in the trailer - I guess the appledoen't fall to far from the tree! :lmao:

Mom.....where in New England are you from?? We are in Connecticut by the Sub Base

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter