How soon do you start buying for Christmas?

I never stop either... I have rubbermaid tubs in the basement for gifts. I have all kinds of good stuff down there..I think I have enough wrapping paper, bows, gift bags, cards and everything until ds5 graduates from college!

I also started the day after Christmas. I've bought a lot of gifts. We hit our outlet mall back in Jan. and at Old Navy they were having the best sale ever! I got turtleneck sweaters for .97 cents!!! I bought gloves/scarf sets for $1 or $2 for gifts. My 5yr dd birthday is in Sept. and we are buying her 1 thing this yr. Not to mention, we have no room left in her room, she has everything. I think buying her an annual pass to WDW is a really good gift anyway, don't you?
Happy Holiday Shopping!

DawnM is right. Check your local thriftstores. Here it is the Goodwill that gets all the Target (and some other store's) clearance. We've gotten many new in the box gifts (especially since our kids are young and don't care) for supercheap.

I buy things all the time. Mostly thanks to this budget board!!!! If amazon has a sale with free shipping I stock up for DD and the nephew. I am pretty much done with them untill around thanksgiving when DD finds that last must have item. We draw names on the Dh side so I find coordnating things all year and shove them into a box untill I need them. Someone is getting a champagne opener, very nice corkscrew wine opener, wine glasses, etc. Stuff I find at crate and barrel or target on clearance.

I try to pick some stuff up here and there if I find a really good deal. But, having done that in the past I end up with a lot of stuff my kids don't really want because all of the new stuff that comes out at Christmas. So, I tend to wait closer to the holidays. Another reason I wait is many of the places have a 90 day return policy and I don't want to give a gift that cannot be returned if need be. I love to shop the day after Thanksgiving and am usually out by 5:00 in the morning and shop all day. I use Mypoints alot and right now have about $300 on my Webbie Card. My husband also gets paid every other week (used to be twice a month ) so now he gets 2 extra paychecks a month. 1/2 of that paycheck goes for Christmas Shopping and 1/2 for the vacation fund. I did get some of B&B stuff during the last clearance, thought this would be good for Sunday School Teachers. I do love to check the threads here for good deals other people get.

english rose 47 said:
I start December 26th Walmart is always the first stop all those half price soap gift sets , can't resist them.

I start on December 26th also! I had most of my Christmas shopping taken care of within a week after Christmas.

This year the trip to WDW is going to be Christmas for 14yr old and 11 yr old. I will give then Disney Dollars and I am thinking about a Pal Mickey to share.

I usually order Kansas City Steaks or some other specialty food for my parents and inlaws.

The challange this year is what to do for DD 23, DD27 and brand new Son in Law.
We are keeping the trip a surprise so I can't tell oldest two daughters. They cannot keep a secret to save their lives.

This will be the first time ever that I have gone without oldest two daughters and I want to get them something really nice for Christmas.

It will also be the first year that SIL is an "official member of the family"

Every year we say we're going to shop all year but every year we put it off till xmas comes and then we're the people you see out three days before xmas. I just sent dh a note telling him we're going to make our list of who and what now so we can get started. We don't have a lot of extra money lying around so this is a great idea for us. Last year we made everyone elaborate cookie baskets and I made some digitally scrapbooked calendars which made really nice gifts and I think both were appreciated. I wouldn't mind getting a head start if we're going to shop though :) Thanks for reminding/inspiring me, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter