How soon can you borrow from use year 2003?

carlotta

Earning My Ears
Here's the scenario - I will close on a resale with an April use year in the next month or so. I want to be able to use most of the 2001 points to celebrate by going to WDW. However, I also want to book two rooms for the cruise in April 2002. Will they let me make an 11 month-out reservation without having enough points from 2002? In other words, can one borrow from the next use years' points for a reservation that will fall within the borrowing use year?

Ugh! That didn't make any sense, but do you know what I mean??

Let's work it out.

April 2001 receive X points. Use them all during the year for WDW trip.

April 2002 receive X points. Want to take a cruise this same month. Will use these points during the April 2002 Use Year. YES, you can borrow from your April 2003 allotment if you need to.

You can make the reservation in May 2001 for April 2002 because the points will be available at the time of your reservation. (If the cruise was in Feb. 2002 you couldn't borrow.)

Thanks! I've been so impressed by the help DVCers give each other on this board. I can't wait to join y'all!

Can't wait for you to be a neighbor!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter