How soon can we check in?

Mom to 2 boys

Earning My Ears
We are planning a stay at Port Orleans in November. The plan is to pick my son up from school that afternoon and drive late into the night. So we should arrive at WDW the next morning around 9 am. We plan to tour one of the parks for a while that day, but how soon can I expect my room to be ready?

Hard to say, I've checked in at 7 am and they have known my room number but it wasn't ready. Your best bet is do on line check in and say early arrival. You can still go to the front desk when you get there to check mb and see.

If you're going during a 'non-peak' season, you should be fine. As the person above me stated, request 'early arrival' and that should help. You'll lose your preference for other accommodations such as floor, by elevator, etc; but obviously having the room ready that early trumps that.

You can check in when you arrive and your room might be ready. But then again, it might not be ready until 3PM. You could always lie out at a pool on a lounge chair.

You can check in anytime starting at 6 am, but it doesn't guarantee your room will be ready. You can also simply check-in online. When your room is ready, they will text you your room number. You are free to go to the parks at anytime - you don't have to wait for your room to be ready!

We did online check in and fax request AB every trip. Our room has been ready Aug Sept 75% of the time. Otherwise we travel with swim trunks on and head to the pool.

We had luck with online check in, they ask your est. arrival time we said 6 am and the room was ready.

We checked in at 7am, they took my phone number and texted me at 12:30 to say our room was ready.

We are planning a stay at Port Orleans in November. The plan is to pick my son up from school that afternoon and drive late into the night. So we should arrive at WDW the next morning around 9 am. We plan to tour one of the parks for a while that day, but how soon can I expect my room to be ready?

You can check in immediately, but you can expect the room to be ready by 3:00 pm per their policy. In reality it all depends on the day. You can give your bags to the bell service and go to the parks until the room is ready.

Thanks so much for the answers! Bell services...is this a service Disney provides? Do I just tip them?

We also check in early (at 11), our room is usually ready by 2:00. The longest we had to wait was 4:30 at Animal Kingdom Kidani

We just drove down to WDW last weekend. We received a text at 8:51 a.m. saying our room was ready. It was great to go straight to our room when we got there at noon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter