How soon can I get my membership number?

bdrobet

Earning My Ears
I just closed on my 1st resale contract and deed has been posted to the OC Comptroller website as of yesterday, June 12. How soon can I expect to receive my membership number? Can I call MS to get my number?

Thanks for the help.

Brian

They have a limited number of staff to enter the info into the system for resale purchasers. If you haven't heard anything in a couple of weeks, I'd call member services and see if they can help you.

Can I call MS to get my number?

Give it about 6 business days then call Member accounting. You'll need your contract number, which is in one of your closing docs.

I got my member number in the mail 2 weeks after deed was recorded. I had called 2 days prior to get it through Member accounting. Others have reported similarly last month.

I just closed on my 1st resale contract and deed has been posted to the OC Comptroller website as of yesterday, June 12. How soon can I expect to receive my membership number? Can I call MS to get my number?

Thanks for the help.

Brian

Just wondering if you got your membership number, and if so when did you call or receive it in the mail? I closed on my 1st resale and it was recorder on the OCC June 16th, so I'm not far behind you.
Thanks

Just wondering if you got your membership number, and if so when did you call or receive it in the mail? I closed on my 1st resale and it was recorder on the OCC June 16th, so I'm not far behind you.
Thanks

Mine was recorded on 6/10 I called member accounting every day for the last week, called this morning and got my member number so it took 14 days for me.

Give it about 6 business days then call Member accounting. You'll need your contract number, which is in one of your closing docs.

I got my member number in the mail 2 weeks after deed was recorded. I had called 2 days prior to get it through Member accounting. Others have reported similarly last month.

I am not sure where to find my contract number. I see a file number in my closing docs but I think that is internal to the closing company.

I called Member Accounting today and they were able to give me my membership number using my name, SSN, address, and phone number for verification. They then transferred me to website help and they set me up for access online. FYI my deed recorded on June 12.

Brian

I called Member Accounting today and they were able to give me my membership number using my name, SSN, address, and phone number for verification. They then transferred me to website help and they set me up for access online. FYI my deed recorded on June 12. Brian

Ok so between you and Han it looks like 14 days is a good bet on when to start calling for new DVC'ers. Have either one of you received your official letter with the membership number in the mail?

I am not sure where to find my contract number. I see a file number in my closing docs but I think that is internal to the closing company.

If you look on your waiver of ROFR on the OCC website it will say 'contract #' 1/3 of the way down the page on the right and then 'Resort: name' is under the contract #. It's also on the deed and it's the same number as on my TSS paperwork, so I'm pretty sure that's the contract # everyone is talking about.

wildforgoofy said:
Ok so between you and Han it looks like 14 days is a good bet on when to start calling for new DVC'ers. Have either one of you received your official letter with the membership number in the mail?

Nothing yet...I'm glad I didn't listen to them and wait for the mailer.

Closed on June 9th, recorded on June 10th. Called several times this week. They will tell me that the points have transferred into my name, and today even said it happened on June 23rd (Monday) and that the mailer went out, but no one will give out my new member number. I'm an existing member and this will be a new account because it's titled differently, so here I sit still waiting.

Goosey515 said:
Closed on June 9th, recorded on June 10th. Called several times this week. They will tell me that the points have transferred into my name, and today even said it happened on June 23rd (Monday) and that the mailer went out, but no one will give out my new member number. I'm an existing member and this will be a new account because it's titled differently, so here I sit still waiting.

Did you call member accounting?

Yes, I did. I called them yesterday and wasn't able to get my number. Today after I read about your experience I tried again. Everyone I have spoken with has been very friendly and the waits have been virtually non-existent, but no luck getting my new number.

Yes, I did. I called them yesterday and wasn't able to get my number. Today after I read about your experience I tried again. Everyone I have spoken with has been very friendly and the waits have been virtually non-existent, but no luck getting my new number.

Im surprised as the first person I spoke with gave it to me no problem. I was in a big rush to get set up as I had airfare and dining reservations all booked without a place to stay If you can wait I'm sure you'll get the info soon. If not I'd try calling back and getting someone else.

I've got a 10 day trip next month. Want to make a couple of changes to the reservation and I need a few of these new points. I tried using that info as well hoping that somehow they would suddenly have a way to provide me my new number. Hoping tomorrow's mail brings the mailer. I'm glad it worked out for you.

Im surprised as the first person I spoke with gave it to me no problem. I was in a big rush to get set up as I had airfare and dining reservations all booked without a place to stay If you can wait I'm sure you'll get the info soon. If not I'd try calling back and getting someone else.

DVC policy is to not give out the info over the phone. I was told that the CM's are tired of getting call after call so some are giving the info.

:earsboy: Bill

DVC policy is to not give out the info over the phone. I was told that the CM's are tired of getting call after call so some are giving the info. :earsboy: Bill

Hopefully I'll get one of the tired out CM's when I call Monday and they'll give me my number.

Have you been talking to Member Accounting (option 3 on the phone menu)? They looked it up by my name and address without any issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter