How silly is August?

We go every year in August. The last two weeks in August is pretty good. Its not as packed as June-July. It is HOT, beware! But as long as you plan accordingly, you can handle it. Take midday swim breaks, thats very important!

As for weather, yes it rains every day at 3pm, but it doesnt last long. Last August we only had one day of rain, and that was overnight.

We love going in August! I say go for it. I'd avoid march break like the plague!

wow, i have not done any research on this.. but at first glance it seems like an amazing deal.. i will pass this info to my colleague .. and let him plan.. btw how early did you book to get this deal?
We booked like a month ago for this August but I stll see great prices now. It was the first time I really looked into flying from there, always assumed it wasn't worth it but when I saw the prices, I had to sit and do the math. Our usual driving trip, including meals and overnight stay (we won't drive right through, we can't), costs about 1K so this was an easy math to do...:rotfl2: Now, I'm hoping we can go on a cruise next march break so I'll be stalking SW's website when they open their schedule because it'd be VERY nice not to have to drive to Miami! :scared1:

Back when I worked in Houston I used to deal with this heat and humidity from about mid-May to early October. Also went on a Caribbean cruise in August 2013 and that was quite muggy.

As previously mentioned keep yourself hydrated (water and maybe a bottle of Mio Sport if you like some sweetness to your drink) and wear looser clothing. You might feel a bit more exhausted than normal first couple of days but after that your endurance should be better.

Also I like @Tanooki's idea of alternating park days with something else. I'm an offsite rental kind of person so the family and I like to alternate a park with shopping and/or chilling at the condo.

We ahve went once in August before, we are returning this august...so it can't be too bad! Last September I feel like it was worse then our august trip.

We have done August and am trying to decide again betweeen August and December. While August is very hot, we loved the thunderstorms in the middle of the day. They were short lived and DS and I usually stayed out in them and got soaked and then dried off pretty quickly in the heat. It was a nice cool down. We also planned our sit down lunches so we could have a nice cool off in a restaurant.
We can also stay longer in August and stretch out the visit with waterpark days. We are typically night owls so tend to close the parks and sleep in a bit.
December was beautiful to see all the decorations and the weather was perfect, no humidity, however it was packed..... still trying to decide.

Staying on site is a definate, especially if you will not go again. It is a truly magical experience. We have done POP both times and with DS, now 19 he still wants to stay there. I would like to experience another moderate or deluxe but that cuts down our length of stay and I am aiming for 14-16 days this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter