How should I mail Hanukkah package to BCV?

uromac

DIS Veteran
Hi and Happy Holidays Everyone!

As we celebrate Hanukkah, this is the first time we have gone during our holiday and I would like to send a package with presents in advance down to BCV. How does everyone one do this? Is there a charge for holding a package there until we get there? Do we mark on the box the day of our arrival? Is this a good idea? I don't want to be too loaded down for our return trip - but we might wind up sending it back too - or I might bring a foldable duffle with us to carry the stuff back along with our other holiday purchases from WDW :goodvibes !
Also if anyone knows a place nearby to get good potato latkes (pancakes) to take out or frozen - please let us know - I would like to have a traditional Hanukkah dinner at BCV (I can't see frying at Disney!) with probably a dessert stop at Beaches and Cream afterwards! If anyone has seen any new Disney Hanukkah decorations we can pick up there that would be great too, as I do not want to bring those down with us and would love to add to our collection. Any Hanukkah DVC decorating tips for inside and outside our "home" for the holidays?

Thanks in advance!

Melissa :earsgirl:

Other than a few Menorahs we have never seen much in the way of Hanakuah decorations. I don't know how old your kids our,mine are 9 & 13 and the few years that our trip was over Hanakuh we would bring one small gift and have little slips of paper they can grab with name of the present. We bring a small Menorah, and maybe a Happy Hahakuh sign.
We will be at OKW, I will look for your Menorah in the window.

Double check this by calling the resort directly, but I believe that you can ship a package and write on the outside of it your name and check-in date. If you decide to ship the package home, they can help you at the concierge/guest services desk at the hotel. I have done that, and it does make life much easier...well worth the cost of shipping, which was not astronomical.

There were some nice hanukah decorations when we were there in October. I remember seeing them in the Christmas stores in MK(Liberty Square), MGM(near Mama Melrose's), and in the DTD Marketplace.

Enjoy your vacation!!!! And Happy Hanukah!!!!!!

I recently shipped a package the the BWV for my trip. I called the hotel and was told to write my name, C/O BWV, and the hotel address. Also, my date of arrival and ressie # were needed on the shipping label. There was no charge for holding the package, and it was brought up to our room for us. I went to the UPS website to calculate the date to send it so it would arrive a few days prior to our arrival. Worked like a charm!! :cool1:

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions! Our kids are dd 12 and ds 16 - and probably think were too old to decorate (especially ds! :goodvibes ) I wish Disney would produce some more Hanukkah stuff - many years ago you could find all sorts of things in their catalog and at WDW! Now it just seems like the same stuff (door hanger, snow globe and beanies, pins) - We have an old throw with the characters as a menorah from a few years ago but I don't want to bring that down! Does anyone bring a small electric menorah down to place in the window ? - I don't want to burn BCV down :rotfl: I've been looking for a small one to ship down- but I haven't found one I like that is really portable. I would love to decorate our balcony too - but I just don't know about the blue light thing :rolleyes: !

Also, I guess I will try Goodings/Publix for the latkes - I love the Golden brand so hopefully they will have some!

Happy holidays to all!

Melissa :earsgirl:

The DTD store with the engraving has a small chanukkah selection.

There are outdoor decorations at DTD and also inside the Hall in the United States at Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter