• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How scary would you rate Mullholland Madness?

This seems to be an interesting ride. I am a person who hates roller coasters, but I'm been on Mullholland Maddness two times and didn't mind it (though it does seem like you are going to go off the edge on each turn). But, the two times I rode this ride was with my wife, and then with my sister. They both LOVE scary rides (in fact, my wife's favorite rides are Space Mt, Tower of Terror, and the Maliboomer)...but they both hated Mullholland Maddness. They screamed the entire time, and not in a good way...in an "I don't like this" way.

So, I guess I'd say this ride is deceiving.

I hated this ride. For me, it wasn't scary & I never felt like I was falling off the track. My issue was that the turns are not "banked" turns, and for me they caused motion sickness.:sick:

I don't like drops and don't mind steep turns. Mulholland Madness didn't make me queasy or super-uncomfortable, but I didn't really like it, either. It's basically all steep turns and dips, in a small car. If you like those things, you'll most likely like the ride; otherwise, maybe not.

I don't know how to rate it on a scale from 1-10 (though I find California Screamin' terrifying and haven't been on Tower of Terror at all). I peresonally found it similarly scary to Splash Mountain. (To me Splash Mountain is overall slightly less scary but it has a fairly large drop and a dip or two, versus the many little dips on Mulholland Madness.) I find all the other rides at Disneyland to be less scary but again, drops are my nemesis. :)

Scariness seems to relate to the rider's size on this ride. The kids love it & are totally comfortable. I have to say that since I've lost 85 lbs :-)goodvibes) I'm less freaked out! DH is 6'3" and 275 lbs, so he could lose some, but he'll always be a big guy & this ride totally terrifies him because he feels like he is going to fall out of the cars on every turn. Soooo -- might not be the kids that you need to worry about! :rolleyes1

On a scale of 1 - 10...

TOT - 8 or 9

CS - 7

Mullholland Madness - 8 (I always think we will fall off the track, but I still love it, LOL.)

Mickey's Fun Wheel non swinging gondolas - 8 (again, envision the entire ride tipping over. ugh.)

Thoughts of the CS ride stopping and stalling when we are at the top - PRICELESS - at least a 10 I am sure. I think of that every time we ride it. That, and my seatbar going up. That, and us getting flung off of the track.

Either way, I go on all the rides and have tons of fun. TOT is THE most nauseating. But heck, that's what Gravol is for, right?

Maliboomer is around a 6 - 7.

The screamers on the rides - I rate the scare factor a 15 out of 10 - nothing worse than getting your ear drums screamed out over one ride.

kids loved it, adults hated it for the same reason as some of the previous posters, it felt as if you were going to carry on straight ahead when the car went around a corner.
Second, third, fourth etc. etc. etc. rides on MM: kids loved it, adult who lost the paper, scissors, rock game and accompanied the kids, hated it.

I hate this ride - and I am NOT tall. (5') It is a narrow track coaster that zips and turns and whips you around. I love coasters - I hate this ride.

I was so glad when our 3rd DS turned 7 and could single rider this ride. He LOVES it and needed someone big to go on it with him. I would walk him up the single rider entrance - wait while he hopped on the ride - go back down the single rider entrance and wait for him at the exit. I could see him riding and laughing the whole way and knew he was having fun - I could sit in the shade and hang out for a few minutes - it worked for us.

I only ride it under duress when someone small in our party needs someone big to go on the ride with them and then ONLY if the line is short and ONLY once. Mean, I know. But did I mention how much I hate this ride??? :rolleyes1

I find this one scarier than ToT or Screamin because it always looks like you going to just tip over and fall out! :scared1: I close my eyes until I get to the bottom because I don't want to see that high up. :rotfl:

I hate this ride but my dd (9) loves it!!! That being said I love tot, screamin and all the other rides.

I just don't like the illusion of being thrown off track or out of the car. :scared1:

It is over very quickly and I can tolerate it when just dd and I go but I do enjoy it more when she has a friend to go with her so I don't have too. :goodvibes

Scariness seems to relate to the rider's size on this ride. The kids love it & are totally comfortable. I have to say that since I've lost 85 lbs :-)goodvibes) I'm less freaked out! DH is 6'3" and 275 lbs, so he could lose some, but he'll always be a big guy & this ride totally terrifies him because he feels like he is going to fall out of the cars on every turn. Soooo -- might not be the kids that you need to worry about! :rolleyes1

Yep. Once was enough for me. I hate the thing where it seems you'll fall off the tracks. Of course Alice at the end does that too and has the same effect on me.

My DD loves MM ~ this past weekend we discovered the joy of the Single Rider line - we walked on several times and were never more than a car apart! I just close my eyes at the top!

My 4 year old daughter loves MM. On our last trip we were in DCA at opening and there was no lines. So we rode it 2x as a family, then my wife declined so I rode it 3x times with my daughter, then my wife joined us for 1x more time.

6x in less then 30 minutes. Ouch.

I am not much of a MM fan.

DH is 6'3" and 275 lbs, so he could lose some, but he'll always be a big guy & this ride totally terrifies him because he feels like he is going to fall out of the cars on every turn.

I'm glad he could ride! DH is shorter but bigger, and could not ride (darned legs couldn't fold down enough).

I was so glad when our 3rd DS turned 7 and could single rider this ride.

But did I mention how much I hate this ride??? :rolleyes1

What a wonderful time 7 will be....

Obviously when E is 7 we need to coordinate trips, and stand, watching our young'uns, while sitting on a bench, NOT riding!

Of course Alice at the end does that too and has the same effect on me.

Good point about Alice!

I love Screamin', I enjoy TOT, and now that I've figured out that sitting in *back* is better for me, I like Splash. Space is fun if I can get the "when will I lose my head" thoughts away.

In other words, I like the "fun" stuff, but MM just isn't fun to me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter