How scary is revenge of the mummy ?

It's not scary, except for one small thing:

AN EVIL MUMMY WANTS TO STEAL YOUR SOUL!

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

:rotfl:
It's really not scary, but is fun.

:rotfl2: Keeping it real DM!!!:thumbsup2
I personally love this ride.If you get the chance ride in front,then ride in the back..

I am seriously considering riding this because so many people love it. I am a total roller coaster wimp.

I am going to US with my boys 9 & 5 and I don't know if the 5 yr old will be able to handle the scary mummy. I am assuming it is dark in there and he will get more freaked out by the dark and the mummy than the actual ride. I will have to check out the height req. too.

ROTM is a favorite ride of many of my friends, myself, and my family. I know there was one trip where I rode it 15 times in that one trip (helps having FOTL)

The ride itself isn't scary to me, but for first timers not knowing what they are getting into or for little kids, the ride could give them a scare. The ride is advertised as a psychological thrill ride.

Even if you are scared about the ride, just know that it's an indoor attraction with the whole line being indoors which means there will be no hot Florida sun over your head and you'll have a chance to cool off in the AC building.

Even if you are scared about the ride, just know that it's an indoor attraction with the whole line being indoors which means there will be no hot Florida sun over your head and you'll have a chance to cool off in the AC building.

That is until the train reaches the room where they fill up the ceiling space with inflammable gas and set it on fire. That'll warm you up.

If you ride you will be hooked. We took our DS9 and DS6 and they both loved it. One of their favorite rides at the park! I'm a baby when it comes to scary stuff, ie mummies and ghost but I thought the ride was awesome!

ok, I can usually handle coasters, but this ride was way too intense. I hate that dropping feeling in my stomach and that is just what this ride did to me. The drops are long and very jerky. I felt VERY sick when I got off. I would definitely not recommend this ride to anyone. I had to close my eyes through half of it because the drops were so intense. Do NOT take small kids on this ride!!!!!!!!!

I love riding The Mummy in the front seat! My DS7 rode with me the last time and loved it, next time, I told the whole family they are riding, even my coaster whimp DH :goodvibes

I have to explain - I don't do rollercoaster...i'm to afraid of heigts....so I'm a little bit afraid of revenge of the mummy...does it turn upside down ? does it drop really fast ? or is it a ride like DINOSAUR at animal kingdom ? you would say it is like which ride ?
Actually there IS a big drop...for me anyway. I hate drops and this was definitely not like big thunder mountain. The largest drop on the mummy is 39feet at 50 degree angle. I HATED this ride

We love this ride! DD could not wait when she finally hit 48 inches tall. She still closes her eyes on the ride but she wants to go again and again. She is already talking about riding it this year.

I don't think it has that bad of a drop, reminds me of space mountain except you see more if you want a comparison.

this thread started 4 years ago.

i'm sure there are many over those years that love this ride now.

I felt it was close in intensity to the Aerosmith Ride or Tower of Terror at HS. Kind falls right in between the two.

But definitely faster and bigger drops than Space Mountain

It's no that scary. They make it seem like it though. It pretty much just does sharp turns and small hill drops. People find it scary because it's in the dark so it makes it more thrilling. The ride isn't long at all. It's fun and hope you try it. If you like it maybe do it again. :) Enjoy!

I just wanted to say I found it very interesting that the only 2 ppl to post here talking about how bad the ride is and how they wouldn't recommend it to anybody posted here as their first post and neither have posted anything since. Seems kind of odd to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter