How quickly do ADRs fill up?

nc6200

Mouseketeer
My reservation open date for April is 2/9 (next week) and I am wondering how quickly in the morning ADRs fill up, and exactly what time does the reservation system start?

The restaurants we'd like to reserve are some of:
Ohana
Sanaa
Yak & Yeti
Whispering Canyon Cafe

Online reservations open around 6 AM ET, I've read reports of it opening on either side of 6.

Ohana is probably the hardest of those 4, I would think. What I like to do is look out 60 days from today and see what I can't find. That generally is a good barometer of which restaurants are harder to get.

Outside of Ohana, the others shouldn't be too bad. Sanaa would probably the next most difficult.
However, with the park getting more crowded, and not all restaurants open yet, all ADRs are probably still more difficult than in the past.

I stayed on property in January and was not able to get a dining reservation at Ohana for breakfast or dinner.
I tried starting 60 days out and during our stay from 01/02/2022 to 01/10/2022. Sometimes you get lucky though.
I was not able to get reservations at the Rose & Crown before the trip but was able to get one when we were on
property.

My reservation open date for April is 2/9 (next week) and I am wondering how quickly in the morning ADRs fill up, and exactly what time does the reservation system start?

The restaurants we'd like to reserve are some of:
Ohana
Sanaa
Yak & Yeti
Whispering Canyon Cafe
O’hana is always a tough one

Ohana dinner is harder to get than breakfast . I’d try for dinner first but later in your trip should be easier to get . We got second day Ohana breakfast but not dinner .

Also don’t put in dinner or breakfast . Put in a specific time and keep trying different times if none available. You are more likely to get a reservation this way . Good luck ! 🍀

Is Ohana impossible if I'm only at 6am and click refresh immediately and put it in? We have a 4-5 day stay so since I'm staying at a disney resort I can book days 60-64 out right?

If it says “Sorry there are no times available” keep trying different specific times and you may be surprised by what pops up. This happened to me on my ADR day at two different restaurants. Another note, I tried for Sanaa at 10:30 in the morning for my third day of stay at AKL and the only time I could snag for dinner was 7:45pm. It’s later than I wanted but glad to get it. Good luck!!

Follow up question on this. If Disney resort guests get to book the entirety of their stay, is there better chance of getting Ohana on the back end of our stay? So if our stay is 4/10-4/14, and our 60 day open date is 2/9 - will there be more spots available on 4/13 for Ohana?

Follow up question on this. If Disney resort guests get to book the entirety of their stay, is there better chance of getting Ohana on the back end of our stay? So if our stay is 4/10-4/14, and our 60 day open date is 2/9 - will there be more spots available on 4/13 for Ohana?
Yes, definitely!

Yes, definitely!

Second that with bells and whistle.

We always start booking the most popular ones at the end of our stay and work backwards.

Something else we do is to log into the dining website on DH's desktop and then go on the MDE app on a mobile device. Invariably, one will error out, but the other will still work. Sometimes, one will simply crash.

This tip has saved us tons of frustration and scored plummy ADRs when using only one device would have been disastrous.

Also, if possible, try very early on a weekend morning or around 5:30-6:00 ET weekdays. We've often gotten the hottest ADRs at great times that way. We suspect people get home from work and cancel before dinnertime.

For Yaki and Yeti just purchase a Landry’s card pretrip… you won’t have to make a ressie for that or any other Landry properties on or near property and you get front of the line seating… it cost $25 but within 24hrs you have a f credit for $25 so it’s basically free… I use mine all the time for there and get to skip usually an hour long wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter