• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

how pack during feb vacation

memobrien

Mouseketeer
We are going to FL to visit family on Feb 17th. I'm toying with the idea of making a detour to WDW. How crazy busy is it in thw parks on the Feb vacation. Namely I'm thinking of going the Tuesday and coming home on the Saturday.

Am I crazy?

Thanks!

Maura

We've been the weeks before & during Feb vaca week a few times. We found is much busier the weekend with Presidents day and then starts trailing off from that Tuesday on. By Thurs/Fri the crowds are much more manageable. :thumbsup2 I think you get a lot of locals and GA residents that go for the long weekend and head home midweek.

Sorry to hijack, but how's the weather in Feb? We'll be taking my 3 y/o GS Feb 4th-11th and are hoping to be able to use the pool some. I know the pools are heated, but we are warm blooded southerners and don't do pools when the weather is cold.:rotfl: Anyone know what the average temperatures are for early Feb?

I have gone twice around that time. The weather is beautiful and both times I went it was very warm for a day or two (About 85 degrees). The rest of the days it was in the 70's.

Sorry to hijack, but how's the weather in Feb? We'll be taking my 3 y/o GS Feb 4th-11th and are hoping to be able to use the pool some. I know the pools are heated, but we are warm blooded southerners and don't do pools when the weather is cold.:rotfl: Anyone know what the average temperatures are for early Feb?

Ill be praying its warm too! We are going to be there the 1st through the 10th. :goodvibes I think it can be all over the board as far as weather. It seems to be staying warm this year thought. Im hoping we can use our suits~

We've also gone a few times in Feb and we've hit everything from highs in the 50s (mornings and evenings in the 40s) to ~80. We're from Illinois so the kids swam happily when it was in the 70s and we saw plenty of people swimming in the 60s (no thanks!) The pools are heated, but you have to get out sometime. Our last trip we stayed one night at the Nick Hotel and it was only in the upper 50s, but the kids were determined to swim. That pool was heated like a bathtub! I sat and watched in my layers and froze :)

After the first Feb trip I stopped packing shorts because even though it was warm some days, it was never uncomfortably hot to be wearing jeans or pants.

We have never been brave enough to swim on any of our Jan/Feb trips. Sometimes its gotten close to 80 which for us northerners is amazing BUT unless that water temp is 82+ and the air is equally as warm we don't go in. :laughing: We were there Feb 2010 and it actually snowed in FL and we wore our winter jackets through a lot of the trip, that stunk! It was unusually cool though that year. We go down again in 3 weeks and with the mild winter we've been having may actually bring swimsuits this time.

I've been in February when it was 35F and when it was 75F.
I like to pack early but this is definitely a time when it helps to check the weather right before you go and pack accordingly. Layerable clothing is key.

right now it is 81 my kids are outside riding bikes in shorts and t shirts. we have cool front moving thru wed-sat and will be in the 60s during the day 40s at night. it dosent get very cold in fl till late january and into feb. like the above poster mentioned it is best to check our weather a week before you plan to come down. I always have a jacket or sweatshirt in my car because Orlando is just funky like that.I am 3 hrs south of Orlando near West Palm Beach if you know the area.

Thanks! We're sure hoping for warm weather that week.

We're going in Feb too so ive been keeping an eye on the weather forecasts. However, as i type this its a true Canadian blizzard blowing and snowing outside my window and we had a flash freeze last night....so when we go as long as its not snowing...im wearing flipflops and shorts no matter the temperature! :cool1:

I have been every Jan or Feb since 2006, you basically need to pack for 2 vacations- warm weather and cold weather! I have been on trips where we wore shorts one day and a few days later we had on several layers and gloves.

We go Presidents week almost every year. Most years it has been warm and we wear shorts and go in the pools, but a few years ago it was VERY cold. We are from Maine so we are used to the cold, but we were freezing because we didn't have our usual winter gear. Luckily, I had packed a pair of stretchy gloves and a knit hat for everyone. Other families that went with us didn't pack this stuff and the gift stores were charging crazy prices for cheap gloves. We tried to get them some gloves and hats at Wal Mart and Target and they had none. Even with gloves and hats, we were cold especially when the sun went down. If you are driving, I highly recommend bringing small fleece blankets just in case. My mother in law and brother ended up buying blankets in the parks so they could survive the temps during the fire works. We were lucky that my daughter had her blanket so she didn't freeze in her stroller. At this time of year, I suggest layers. The morning are cool and damp, but by mid morning-afternoon, it gets warm. It cools off again at night. My kids usually wear windbreakers over a t-shirt and athletic pants with shorts underneath. Zip off pants that convert into shorts are also great. I am usually good in jeans, a t-shirt, and a light jacket. I know some people like to wear flip flops and other sandals, but in the morning and at night you will probably want shoes with socks.
Despite the iffy weather, it is a good time of year to go to the parks. It is cool enough so that we are not exhausted by the heat. We go from park opening until close without needing a break from the hot sun. You can definitely get your money's worth out of the park tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter