How old were you when you learned you truly were getting old?

I'm 36 and I feel it creeping in
I started dyeing my hair to cover grays
My periods are becoming less predictable (my mom went through the change at 41 so don't tell me it's too early for that)
I have to watch what I eat and work out to maintain a size 6 (I was a sz 2 my whole life, even after 2 pregnancies and a c section)
I am in bed by 10:00
Everything annoys me, lol
My oldest child is going to high school next year

I don't think I am "old" per se, but I feel like I am not "young" anymore. Maybe middle aged.

After I turned forty I was complaining about my body not working as well as it used to.
Then I realized why my Granddad used to tell me, "Cheer up. It gets worse."

Yeah, when I think about my complaints in my 40s, I wish I could go back. 55 is much worse! My coworker (who is 68) tells me "you haven't seen nothin' yet."

Yeah, when I think about my complaints in my 40s, I wish I could go back. 55 is much worse! My coworker (who is 68) tells me "you haven't seen nothin' yet."
Your coworker is correct.
Another thing Grandpa used to tell me. "At my age, if I don't hurt when I wake up, I'm probably dead."

OMG i could have written this too! :sad: im in my early 40's...and about a year or two ago i've noticed that small print on cans and labels are suddenly harder for me to read. Did they decrease the font size on labels? I refused to believe im getting old. :teeth: The print really is tiny! Others can read this without issues?

I guess i really have to come to terms that yep, my eye sight really is suffering as I age. To boot, i found a couple of grey hairs. im talking about a strong shiny silver color. What the heck!?

I just say I have platinum blonde hairs coming in! :D

I noticed a big change at 50! Even though I walk 5 days a week I'm losing flexibility and have a hard time getting up from a squatting position.

This weekend I painted some outside furniture and it just about killed me, all the squatting, contorting, I just can't do it anymore. I'm 52.

I would say a few days ago, age, 51 . DD, DGD and I moved lol. I didn't lift any furniture either. The first day was more like riding around getting stuff at stores and lunch.
I woke up Sunday feeling like I was in a MMA match lol.

Oddly enough I was wanting to get a townhouse and decided if I didn't move anymore, later on I would hate having the steps, ended up on an apartment.

Last edited:
About two hours ago when I realized in a month I will have graduated from high school 25 years ago..

Same here. I graduated from highschool 25 years ago too! :sad: Hard to believe!

Class of ‘94!! Our 20th reunion was a flop so a group is trying to plan a 25th reunion. Hard to believe it’s been that long! Seems like yesterday.

For me, I think I first felt old when I had a baby at 38 and how many times I heard a doctor comment on my “advanced maternal age”. It was if I had one foot in the grave.

It's been in the few years since my hysterectomy. All of a sudden I needed bifocals *and* a pair of 'close work' glasses. I walk into rooms and wonder what the heck I was there for. My back started playing up and it turned out I have degenerative arthritis in my lower spine. Thing is, I don't *feel* old in my mind, but every morning when I get up and look in the bathroom mirror I wonder where that plump old lady came from. I'm 51.

A few weeks before my 40th birthday, I could read my fortune cookie. Two weeks after my 40th birthday, I had to hold it as far away as I could to read it. I absolutely became officially old when I was diagnosed with bursitis and arthritis when I was 47.

Class of ‘94!! Our 20th reunion was a flop so a group is trying to plan a 25th reunion. Hard to believe it’s been that long! Seems like yesterday.

For me, I think I first felt old when I had a baby at 38 and how many times I heard a doctor comment on my “advanced maternal age”. It was if I had one foot in the grave.
:rotfl: :rotfl2: That's brutal.

It will be 40 years this June since my HS graduation. A planned reunion was cancelled for lack of interest. I wasn't considering attending anyway.

I supposed I started to feel old about 5 years ago when I had to give up playing tennis because my knees could no longer handle it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter