How old were you when you joined DVC??

We were 29 when we bought into DVC membership. However, I really don't think it has anything to do with age. It all depends on your situation. We waited until we could afford it financially and that we were willing to go there for most of our vacations (not a hard decision since we love Disney). However, what did it for us was that when we first stayed at AKL, we knew we didn't want to stay off site again. So we went over everything and found that for us, this was a major investment that we felt was something that would bring us and our family enjoyment.

No one person is alike. Everyone has their reasons and current situations. I don't think anyone should judge you on whether you purchased it or not. I think the concern from those around you may be the financial aspect. Some people think that just because you're young, you don't know or understand the implications of such an expense. But you know yourself and your situation. You know if it's right for you.

We purchased in 2006 at 44 and 47. We had already been 8 times, but just gotten to the point of being able to afford. We did finance and really need to refinance for a better rate just haven't done it.

We purchased last February when DH and I were 35. It has been one of the best things we have done for our family. We love it.:goodvibes

29 and that was to late. Love our home resort BCV but will try AKV & SSR this trip.

I was 47 when I bought in in 1992. I thought I was pretty old then. I was wrong!:banana:

Life is too short to waste time worrying what other people think. If you want to purchase on cash or finance, that is a personal decision. You do what you can afford and want to do. You can save until you can pay cash, and you can die tomorrow. You can wait until.....(fill in anything here) and you can die tomorrow.

Do what you want, life is too short!

I was 35 and DH 38 when we bought in. We looked at it when I was 25 and he was 28 and dearly regret waiting the 10 years. Heck, we even had more money back then (no kids you see)!

We financed DVC 4 years ago when I was 23 and DH was 24. We were engaged and wanted to buy DVC before we purchased a house. We still don't own a home, but probably will buy once DVC is paid off. We have no regrets about our decision to finance - what's good for some may not be good for others.

Three Things:
1. Age matters - The sooner you purchase the more value you get out of it.
Watch the boards, the only thing anyone ever regrets was that they didn't buy DVC sooner. Also, the younger you are, the more years you have to enjoy it.

2. After financing for 10 years with Disney, I figured that we wouldn't have to pay long before we broke even with our family of three. But now, after adopting three more children, it may only take a couple more years. (A family of six usually needs two rooms if they are not in a suite.)

3. Right before we purchased, I was looking at the hotel portion of our upcoming trip and I figured that I would rather use that money as a down payment for DVC than have it drop down the vacation hole never to be seen again. My husband agreed. He was 37 and I was 39.

If you are spending money on trips to WDW anyway, then put that money toward DVC even if you have to finance. It will last a lot longer and you will come out ahead.

Regina

I was 44 my DH 41. We are looking forward to vactioning with Mickey when we are 90 years old :rotfl2: Our children are grown and we LOVE to vacation. We will be taking our 2 yo grandbaby to AKV in May and are going to Aruba in November. There are so many opportunities and options with DVC that it can fit into ANY age!!!!!! Go for it!!!! We financed part, however were fortunate and had it paid in the first 6 months.
Actually, part of our decision to purchase DVC was that we can will our contract to our children and grand children for their enjoyment once we have become too old (hope it never happens).:sad2:

We bought into BWV in 98', and wished we had bought much ealier. Now for my age at purchase time that depends......walking down Main Street about 8 yo the first time we used our DVC and everytime since, but in actuality l was 46. I won't get into my wife's age, I might be dumb, but not stupid!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter