• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How old were you when you became a parent?

My wife and I both were 29 with the first and 33 with the second.

first one, 17 1/2, (husband was 18 1/2) second one 21 1/2 (22 1/2 for hubby). I was very young, but ready for it.
Similar here. 17 (senior in HS) then 22 & 24 (when we finished college and got married).

Our oldest is now about to turn 24 and youngest almost 17. They are definitely nowhere near ready to have kids, but I’m glad we had them so young.

Best mistake I ever made. And yes, it was a mistake. I was 16 when I got pregnant, there's no way to put a pleasant spin on that. She's 30 now and we're the best of friends. It was tough as a young single mom but to this day I wouldn't change a thing.

24 and just turned 26 with second. 45 now and they are both in college!! I’m loving still being young and having adult kids. We get to have fun together without the responsibility of raising them anymore. I’ll be done paying for college by next year for my daughter and 3 more years for my son! Our house will be paid off by the time I’m 54. I’m very happy I started everything in life “early”

Also I never would have been able to wait any longer. In my early 20s all I wanted was to have kids. We got married when I was 20 and I hated even waiting those 4 years while my husband finished college. I know that was the right decision, but back then I wanted to have kids like yesterday! I worked as a nanny while waiting for him to graduate.

We were married just after I turned 24. First born at 25. Almost 26 as he was born 2 days before 26. Second at 28. We had one of each and now have 4 wonderful grandkids. 2 of each. Our son and daughter each have a sun and daughter. Family life is great❤️❤️❤️❤️😀😀😀😀😀

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter