How old was your child when he/she reached 40" tall?

I don't know when DS7 hit 40 inches but he was able to ride the 40" rides at age 3. He hit 44" and rode Space Mountain at 4. He was finally tall enough for RNR on our trip this January. He was 6.5 and was so excited. At his seven year checkup in April he was 52".

DS4 was also able to ride the 40" rides at three and this spring barely made the 44" cut for EE. He got in line for Space Mountain as well but decided at the last minute not to ride.

One thing we found with DS4 is depending on the shoes he wore he sometimes made the height and sometimes not. When he was 3 the first day in MK he had sneakers on and had no problem with the height requirements. The day we went to Epcot he wore Tevas and just missed the height requirements for TT. We went back to the room and changed his shoes!!

My oldest was 3 1/2 on his first trip and he was over 40". On our trip last December he was tall enough to ride Primeval Whirl. For some reason I thought that was 44" rather than 48" but I guess I could be wrong.

My youngest hit exactly 40" for the trip where he was 3 months shy of 3 years old. There were one or two places where when they'd go to measure him there was debate on if there was space between his head and the bar but it was always a situation where a finger couldn't fit between his head and the bar but a piece of paper could. Most of the measuring things his head just bumped the bar, it was only a few that it didn't. They would almost always let him through b/c it was so close and we had a hard time getting him to put his feet together and stand up straight and that can make the difference when you are talking fractions of an inch. After 2 days of that we put 2 pairs of socks on him (it was Christmas week and COLD out). With 2 pairs of socks there was no doubt, his head hit the bar every time. ;)

My oldest ds was 40 inches before he turned 3. He just turned 4 in May and is now 44inches. My other children are still young but seem to be on the same height track. :teeth:

She is almost 7 and still is only 45" tall. She only weight 45 lbs. She is just a little thing, has been all her life, was full term at birth and came home in Premie clothes. She is still wearing size 6 clothes and still some 5's.

My 4.5 yo was average height at her checkup (50th percentile), and she is currently 39 inches tall.

mom2taylorandemily said:
She is almost 7 and still is only 45" tall. She only weight 45 lbs. She is just a little thing, has been all her life, was full term at birth and came home in Premie clothes. She is still wearing size 6 clothes and still some 5's.

Yep, sounds like my 2nd dd. She just started wearing size 6, and is 8yo. At birth she was 17 1/2 inches.

Wow, you people with the tall 3yo would have my youngest dd quite jealous. She likes every ride we take her on but she's not going to get onto the 40"rides yet.

Kids just vary. My DD8 is super tall. She was 40" before she was 3 and is now 54" tall. I'm only 61", so she is closing in fast. My Dsis's two boys are much shorter, especially the younger. He is almost four and was nowhere near the 40" mark in April, I'm thinking 36-37". That's why the percentiles cover such a wide variety of heights. They are all normal, just different.

Those of you with peanuts, enjoy not having to buy new clothes as frequently as those of us with giants do. Thank goodness in FL, DD doesn't wear pants much. It seems they turn into floods in the course of a day! :rotfl:

Our DD will be 5 on the 20th of this month and she is just now 40 inches tall. Just in time for our trip to WDW in August. She is a very petite little girl though and still only weighs 38 lbs.

My DS was 40 inches when we went two weeks before his 3rd birthday. He went on TOT, Test Track and Splash Mt. Splash Mt. was by far his favorite. He is 5 1/2 now and is 48 1/2 inches w/o shoes and 62 lbs. He is a big kid, always has been. When we go next month he will be tall enough to go on RnRC and Phimeval Whirl if he wants to. He has never been afraid of any ride yet.

My oldest son is 7 1/2 and he is barely 47 inches. Poor guy he is so short. He is even shorter than all of the girls in his schools 2nd grade. My oldest daughter is 5 1/2 and she is 41 inches. My youngest daughter is 4 1/2 and she is 40 inches. My baby is 2 1/2 and he is 36 inches. We are short stuff people! LOL! Well maybe the boys will get a growth spurt at puberty. Their dad is 6 foot 1 so maybe........
Nicole

My oldest was almost 6 when she was finally that tall. While my youngest was that at 3. She just turned 6 and is already 50inches tall. Each child is so different. princess:

DS is 5 and just shy of being able to ride the 48" rides. DD is 4 and is 42" which is great for Kali since she doesn't need the special seat anymore.

my little girl is 4 1/2 and is only 39 inches... sometimes they will say.. he or she is not 40 with shoes...

But... I want to be safe so I am fine with waiting.... she is too.

My ds was 3.5 when he reached 40". His birthday is in early May and we went to Disney in early December and he was just a hair over 40". He's 5 now and 45". My dd2.5 is 36.5" now so she will probably reach that point before her brother did.

Older DD was pretty close to 3. Baby dd is 13 months and 33 inches... Apparently she'll ride Splash Mountain on her 2nd birthday :confused3 .

My DS was a little past 3 I think, but he's always been quite tall. Ironically, Soarin' is the only ride he went on where this was an issue because there was no way I could get him on any other rides where height would have mattered.

TiffanyK said:
The thread about 3 and 4 year olds riding Soarin' got me wondering about this. My dd must be very short. She is going to be 4 in Sept. but is only about 37" tall. I keep hoping she'll grow so she can ride the big rides for our trip but I don't think it will happen given the time left.

So how old were your kids when they reached 40" tall?

My dd is the same age as yours. She is a little bit over 42" now. I don't know when exactly she hit 40". She wasn't that tall at her 3yo dr. visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter