How old to go to pool without an adult?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All pools at Disney have posted hours at the pool on a large sign similar to this one at POFQ

fq66.jpg

If guests are very, very quiet some times those hours are not enforced. However if the noise level reaches a point after hours then yes security can ask everyone to leave and it has happened.

Adult supervision to me at Disney means anyone 18 and older as that is the age you can book a room.

If we really want to be stickers for the rules, how many people actually shower before entering the pool...Just sayin'!

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app

That's what I was going to say!! To date... I can honestly say I have NEVER EVER seen someone shower prior to entering any of the pools!! :rotfl2:

Yep, lots of rules at Disney are not enforced by Disney. When a rule is not enforced is it still an actual rule when their practice demonstrates otherwise?

Anyway, the pool signs states kids 12 and over can swim without parents. Consider many states across the US have no restrictions in kids being home alone, some are 8, other are 12 and Florida is 18. Not sure around the World. Overall, it is a parental call, if your child is 12 or older. Should they watch another sibling at the pool? Most countries consider and adult to be around 15-16 years old, with some countries starting at 12. In general, USA starts to defines a set of "adult" rights and liabilities within the age bracket of 18-21. As they say, swim at your own risk. Disney is often reactive when it comes to enforcing certain rules, policies, etc.

Oh, by the waythe last rule above does not truly ensure you safety according to the CDC.

What happens to the people who are parents at the age of 17? If people class 18 as an adult can the 17 yr old mum take her child to the pool?? Im only asking as i had my youngest when I had just turned 17,I would have been pretty upset if I couldn't supervise my own child in a pool at that age!

I was always in pool alone from the age of about 8 onwards I grew up with a pool in my back garden and was a pretty excellent swimmer, when we went on holiday with my brother and his 2 kids It was his honeymoon and they had decided to come along to Disney with us for 3wks I was the one looking after the 2 little ones for pretty much half the trip!

I now have my own boys who will be 8,8,11 next trip and I have no problems with them heading to the water play areas ahead of me but I'm not so sure about actual pools! I think it will be another yr or 2 before that happens.
Luckily my kids love the arcade so if they get bored waiting that where they always head. :)

What happens to the people who are parents at the age of 17? If people class 18 as an adult can the 17 yr old mum take her child to the pool?? Im only asking as i had my youngest when I had just turned 17,I would have been pretty upset if I couldn't supervise my own child in a pool at that age!

How many 17 year old parents are able to afford stays at WDW? Some how I don't see this scenario playing out on a regular basis. And I would hope that with an infant, you'd be doing a lot more than supervising.

You had your youngest child when you were only 17? If you don't mind my asking, how old were you when you had your oldest?

I was always in pool alone from the age of about 8 onwards I grew up with a pool in my back garden and was a pretty excellent swimmer, when we went on holiday with my brother and his 2 kids It was his honeymoon and they had decided to come along to Disney with us for 3wks I was the one looking after the 2 little ones for pretty much half the trip!

I now have my own boys who will be 8,8,11 next trip and I have no problems with them heading to the water play areas ahead of me but I'm not so sure about actual pools! I think it will be another yr or 2 before that happens.
Luckily my kids love the arcade so if they get bored waiting that where they always head. :)

I am sure some 17 year olds are very responsible, but truly it does not matter, as Disney makes the rules.

A 17 year old would not be able to book a room at Disney regardless of whether they have a child or not.

It is Disney's decision to make the rules much like it would be for your own backyard.

My guess would be it was 18, since that is the legal age, outside of drinking, in Florida.

http://www.floridabar.org/tfb/TFBCo...34557641d4c2f7c885256b2f006c5753?OpenDocument

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter