• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How old is too old for DD's to go with DH in the men's room?

Just to clarify if I were bringing my child into the restroom with me for their safety they would also be in the stall with me,providing they fit not all restrooms have enough room. I am referring to the girls waiting until he is in the stall with his mother.
In my experience, most moms who bring in 7-10 year old boys don't take them into the stall with them.

There are very few adult men in the women's room I use. Statistically adult males are the main perpetrators in molestation cases.

Wow, so how in the world does a mother tell her kids that men are the boogiemen that are going to molest them and then expect them to understand the irrational fear towards them when they are adult men??

My son is now an adult and I never felt the need to scare him and not let him be independent and use the male bathroom. All I can tell him now is that his University Dean was right on Kamikazee parents.

Now imagine how a little girl would feel!! How scary for her.

My daughters and their friend and I were walking into a Walmart bathroom and a boy coming out goes to school with the friend. Middle school kid. Yeah, there were some laughs from the girls. No medical reason either

ive been reading this thread and it is intresting, many good points. im assuming most of you are women bringing or not bringing boys into the womens room. im not sure what goes on in a womens restroom but i can tell you what goes on in a mens room. speaking of disney world, not a truck stop on i95, but in disney world. the first rule a little boy learns is eyes forward. :thumbsup2 there is very little talking and or noise, its not a meeting room. walk in, do what you got to do and walk out.theres very little if any talking going on if any. disney world restrooms are full of dads. every so often i see a a boy around 7 trying to reach the towels and the guy standing next to him with help the kid out. if your son will say or much less yell help, there would be 20 guys standing there ready to help the young man, trust me. its not a port authority bus station rest room. i often see a young boy in the rest room and he gets ignored like everyone else. :thumbsup2 hes safer there than he is in the 2nd grade restroom in school.:thumbsup2

And totally unprepared as to what to do!

My DD says some of the new freshman are so stupid as far as personal safety and being aware of their surroundings, they have no idea how to judge a situation and make intelligent decisions.

I wish you could member what he called them to , it would be interesting.

My son is a new freshman but he has been taught and given life experiences.

The Dean called them Kamikazee (sp?) parents. He told all the parents there to cut the cord and let them grow up. On move in day it was funny watching some of the parents, especially moms (I am a mom), doing everything for thier boys. I mean one mom went and got the papers, filled them out, took the keys and the kid to his room. I sat back and let my son handle it. I did go to the room with him so he could inspect it and I did make sure he knew what to put down as far as damages (and boy was that room damaged) and made him do it himself.

My son said some of the kids can't even do their own laundry. Kind of scary that these are our future. The laundry thing is nothing new as I was in Basic training with some. I even had one in my basic training unit that still sucked her thumb at 18 :scared1:

Yes and what if she needed to purchase something? Surely you remember how embarrassing that would be for a young girl. I'm not talking married Mothers, college students, even high school students, I'm talking young girls. Ridiculous that they need that added stress for absolutely no reason.

Oh man, I am so stressed for this trip. My oldest daughter is 13 and recently had her first visit from Mother nature. I swear she will die if she had to buy something or even ask for something with older boys in the bathroom.

Didn't read all the replies (riding in car and tiny screen on phone) but unless it was an extreme urgent need,(some people don't have the greatest aim or care what is left on the seat) I would either have Dh and DD use a companion or DD use the woman's with DH waiting outside. If they need to go at same time Dh should send Dd in and she should stay inside the bathroom until DH calls her name.

Didn't read all the replies (riding in car and tiny screen on phone) but unless it was an extreme urgent need,(some people don't have the greatest aim or care what is left on the seat) I would either have Dh and DD use a companion or DD use the woman's with DH waiting outside. If they need to go at same time Dh should send Dd in and she should stay inside the bathroom until DH calls her name.

:thumbsup2 another way is i see 6 year old kids waiting for the bus on there cell phones. give the kid a cell phone and stay on the phone while there in the bathroom.

Once again, I have yet to be in a public bathroom where the boy that was with his mother was taller than me, and I am quite short so that is not a hard thing to accomplish:lmao:

And I also have chaperoned a bunch of 2nd graders, so 7 years olds do not always listen when they are told to stay put.

95 percent of the business going on in the mens room isnt behind closed doors. there are "rules" in a mens room. strictly followed. the op is sending there 7 year old daughter into the mens room. you have to walk by the "little white sinks" that are being used. as a 7 year old girl, (2nd grade) what would you think as a young girl in a mens room? at that age you know whats going on. dont that seem a bit odd?? just wondered what you would feel like if you where marched into a crowded mens room?

And I also have chaperoned a bunch of 2nd graders, so 7 years olds do not always listen when they are told to stay put.

Then as I said the Mother has a serious discipline problem on their hands. Because the average 7 yr old knows to stay put if told to stay put, it really isn't a very complex direction, especially if given by their parent.

ive been reading this thread and it is intresting, many good points. im assuming most of you are women bringing or not bringing boys into the womens room. im not sure what goes on in a womens restroom but i can tell you what goes on in a mens room. speaking of disney world, not a truck stop on i95, but in disney world. the first rule a little boy learns is eyes forward. :thumbsup2 there is very little talking and or noise, its not a meeting room. walk in, do what you got to do and walk out.theres very little if any talking going on if any. disney world restrooms are full of dads. every so often i see a a boy around 7 trying to reach the towels and the guy standing next to him with help the kid out. if your son will say or much less yell help, there would be 20 guys standing there ready to help the young man, trust me. its not a port authority bus station rest room. i often see a young boy in the rest room and he gets ignored like everyone else. :thumbsup2 hes safer there than he is in the 2nd grade restroom in school.:thumbsup2

You are 100% correct and sane, rational thinking parents know this.
My DH has always said the same thing, that there are so many Fathers in the bathroom that the kids are being constantly watched by a father. And you are definitely right about safer than school!

You are also right about the talking :rotfl: Which is why men marvel at women going to the bathroom together.

Then as I said the Mother has a serious discipline problem on their hands. Because the average 7 yr old knows to stay put if told to stay put, it really isn't a very complex direction, especially if given by their parent.
ITA. It is really not that hard to teach your kid that what you say goes and it is important to stay put for the small amount of time it takes to pee. I see 7 year olds all the time that don't listen to mom and dad howver. I coach this age group and you would be amazed at how many parents ask me "how do you get them to listen like that and do what you say?" The answer is that it is what I expect of them, and they know it. They know who they can run all over and all they can't.

Hi there,

I have two DD's aged 4 and just turned 7. Last year in Disney, the girls were 3 and just turned 6 and we took turns during washroom breaks. Sometimes I took older DD and DH took younger, and sometimes we switched. Also we did split up a few times and if that DD had to go DH would take them to the washroom.

This year DD is 7 and while she doesn't care or show any embarrassment about going into the men's room I wonder if she is getting to the age where she might make the men in there feel uncomfortable?

I will take older DD into the ladies room when she is with me, but if her and DH split up, is it ok for him to bring her in? I just am not comfortable with her going into the women's restroom alone yet. Sorry, she just seems too young!

What age is too old for a girl to go in the washroom with her dad in public?

Once they can do for themselves I let them go in alone if need be. I not big one to let daughter go into a mens room as most men stand up in public restrooms. Just have husband stand outside womens room or use one of the family restrooms where is just child and parent:surfweb:

Again, either go in with them or send them in their appropriate restroom. My daughters do NOT want to see your boys or any other boy their age in the restroom they do NOT belong in.

Imagine my daughter's surprise to walk into a bathroom at Pizza Planet to a boy bigger than her standing in there while his mom was in a stall. Very sad that she had to feel embarassed because someone was incapable of letting their child go to the bathroom alone.

I'll say this again...but of course it will be ignored again. Boys under the age of 15 are legally allowed to be in a womens room. whether you like that or not. Of course I don't think anyone would actually bring a 14yo into the womens room...but legally allowed to be there.
you may want to take the time to explain to your daughter that sometimes little boys use the ladies room. If you don't wish to do that, then you can deal with her emabarressment, your fault for not talking to her about it.

However I do like how people think their opinion on other peoples lives matter. You should hold onto that, it may come in useful to you someday....but not today.

Anyway, I have wasted much too much time in this thread. I personally do have better things to do. Have fun with all your drama. I'm just going to move on with my life:)

I'll say this again...but of course it will be ignored again. Boys under the age of 15 are legally allowed to be in a womens room. whether you like that or not. Of course I don't think anyone would actually bring a 14yo into the womens room...but legally allowed to be there.
you may want to take the time to explain to your daughter that sometimes little boys use the ladies room. If you don't wish to do that, then you can deal with her emabarressment, your fault for not talking to her about it.

However I do like how people think their opinion on other peoples lives matter. You should hold onto that, it may come in useful to you someday....but not today.

Anyway, I have wasted much too much time in this thread. I personally do have better things to do. Have fun with all your drama. I'm just going to move on with my life:)

You know what, it is sad that you choose NOT to raise your children to be independent. My daughters have a right to privacy in a female restroom and you can bet if I see an unattended boy in the ladies' bathroom that I will be contacting a CM and Disney Security.

Don't come crying to the Dis if my daughters make your boys feel bad either.

You know what, it is sad that you choose NOT to raise your children to be independent. My daughters have a right to privacy in a female restroom and you can bet if I see an unattended boy in the ladies' bathroom that I will be contacting a CM and Disney Security.

Don't come crying to the Dis if my daughters make your boys feel bad either.
ITA. I feel so bad for these kids being taught there is a boogeyman waiting around every corner to get them. It is going to be areal shock ther first time they have to deal with the real world without mommy there. I to would be looking for a CM to take care of the unattended child who had wanderde into the wrong restroom, and it is the WRONG restroom for them to be in, period.

I have said the before and I wil say it agian, just because it is allowed doesn't mean it is the right thing to do. There are a lot of thingsthat aren't technically illegal, but I don't do or allow my children to do becuase they are simply wrong or infringe on the rights of others. School aged boys don't belong in the women's restrooms unless they have special needs and need mom's help to accomplish their business. Beyond that there is no reason except paranoia that they cannot go to the men's room, and having them in the ladies room is infringing on everyone els's right to privacy.

As someone on the outside looking in...what is "legally" allowed and what is "morally" allowed is a line that sometimes get blurred.

If my child were in trouble (or if I thought he/she was) H-E-double toothpicks or high water could or would not prevent from tearing down the door of any men's or women's restroom. It is not my place to judge what a mother thinks is "right" for her children...but in the same light it is not her right to impose her beliefs on another mother and her child(ren). As Benjamin Franklin said "your rights end at your nose". Do I personally think unaccompanied boys should be allowed in a ladies room...No. However, that is my personal opinion and don't get me wrong I understand their side and don't totally disagree with their arguments and statements. However, I'm just looking at this from the side of the 7 or 8 year girl in ladies room. I remember at 7 or 8 I was very conscience of my body and would be very embarrassed if some boy of the same age or older walked in and saw me. But in honesty I have to say while it is not illegal to let boys go unaccompanied into ladies room it is "WEIRD" and however being weird is not against the law.

I can't imagine not being able to trust my 7 year old to sit on a bench! Seriously! Maybe I might be worried that a 3 year old would wander off, but a 7 year old! Do you (imthatgirl) have any idea what a 7 year old boy is capable of! You should since you have one! When my son had just turned 7 (the week before) we were at Blizzard Beach and the rest of us wanted to go down a slide he was too short for. I told him he could go down one of the mat slides and we would come and get him after our slide (the downhill double dipper). He went off to get in line for his slide while the rest of us got in line for ours. I instructed him to wait at the bottom of his and that it may take us a while. It ended up taking about a half hour (the line was longer than I thought). When we went to get him, there he was waiting at the bottom of the mat slide. So the idea that a 7 year old can't sit on a bench or go in the men's room is seriously laughable :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter