• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How old is too old for DD's to go with DH in the men's room?

That was a teen boy and in the pool!!! there were thousands of people there, hardly the bathroom and all that happened to the kid was he was touched, hardly molested.

Are you INSANE? That touching IS the molestation.

Someone will always have a problem with something someone is doing, so why bother asking others opinions and just do what you feel comfortable doing. I would prefer my daughters go into the ladies room.

If I had a son, and was bringing him into the ladies room, I would do so, unti lI felt he was capable of handling things on his own and wouldnt hesitate walking into the mens room if i felt there was something wrong or if he was taking too long, etc. I also would not say a word to a man who came into a ladies room looking for his daughter.

Kids first ;) Other folks opinions second.

So then you aren't allowing your teen or your younger children to go swimming? Seems at Disney that is more dangerous than going to the bathroom.
Disney bathrooms are safe, tens of millions of bathroom visits and no problems, But even knowing that I'm going to fret over that miniscule possibility it might happen and embarrass my child and make other young girls uncomfortable because yes if another 10 million bathroom visits happen something bad might happen. Geeze I swear some people will try to find something bad when there just isn't any indication.

And if it were my son and it happened in a crowded pool and all the guy did was grope him, then yep it is no big deal and I would tell my son to forget about it and go on with his life. Certainly wouldn't dwell on it. And I happen to have a 13 yr old. Why was he arrested because you can't go around touching anybody you want in any way you want.

:eek:

Speechless

Why? You would prefer dwelling on it and making him afraid of life and crowds when no harm came to him? the guy touched him. Get over it. What good would come from making him think he was harmed in any way? having him think about it needlessly and anguish over it or if he did something wrong.

I would simply tell him the guy had no right to touch you without your permission, no one does. The guy was caught and is being punished for doing that and that he my son didn't do anything wrong and since he wasn't hurt it was up to the police to deal with the guy now and he should go back to normal and move on with life. Just like you do when they fall off their bike, if there aren't any physical injuries you have to brush yourself off and get back on and get moving.

What would you want him to do? develop a fear of any person who moved near him? be afraid and think about it constantly and let it eat away at him?

Seriously you were never groped at a college party? That is what we are talking about here, the man didn't rape him.

Thought it was just me....:sad2:

Hannathy - You are really off the mark on this one.

I know for sure I wouldn't let someone molest my son and get away with it.

This entire thread is a train wreck!

Wow go away for a bit. I was referring directly to the incident in the swimming pool. And yes I don't think it is that big of a deal that I want to scar my son for ever. He was touched in a public pool with lots of people there. the man who did it was caught and arrested. the boy was not physically hurt. He was not raped, he was not forced to do anything to the man he was touched. was it wrong yes it was and he was arrested. would I make sure my son was physically OK you bet, would I want the man punished of course, would I want my son to dwell on the incident and have it consume him and cloud his out look on life and interfere with his living his life never. That is why I said deal with it then move on, you can't dwell on the bad forever.

I don't know why people are saying I would let the man get away with it, I never said that at all.

I also don't believe anyone has said a boy with special needs shouldn't be allowed in, only to try to be considerate of others.

Apparently, imthatgirl's convenience is paramount. Actual laws, social conventions and the comfort level of the intended users of a particular gendered bathrooms are no concern of hers. And anyone who disagrees with her is labeled "crazy" or a "creep". If she feels overwhelmed with her kids now, I think she will REALLY have her hands full if that "snowflakey" attitude rubs off on them.

"actual laws"..as you say ...tell me that my children can use which ever restroom I see fit. Whether that suits you or not. You don't like that...eh, big deal.

And if it were my son and it happened in a crowded pool and all the guy did was grope him, then yep it is no big deal and I would tell my son to forget about it and go on with his life. Certainly wouldn't dwell on it. And I happen to have a 13 yr old. Why was he arrested because you can't go around touching anybody you want in any way you want.

:thumbsup2 way to go mom...tell your kid to just get over it. Forget helping him through it, totally unnecdessary:headache:

Someone will always have a problem with something someone is doing, so why bother asking others opinions and just do what you feel comfortable doing. I would prefer my daughters go into the ladies room.

If I had a son, and was bringing him into the ladies room, I would do so, unti lI felt he was capable of handling things on his own and wouldnt hesitate walking into the mens room if i felt there was something wrong or if he was taking too long, etc. I also would not say a word to a man who came into a ladies room looking for his daughter.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

"actual laws"..as you say ...tell me that my children can use which ever restroom I see fit. Whether that suits you or not. You don't like that...eh, big deal.
I was speaking of your own forays into the Mens rooms.

I was speaking of your own forays into the Mens rooms.

It happens. When I was in my 20's I peed in worse places. What can I say...I was a rule breaker. But thanks for being so concerned with the little things I did in my life 15 years ago:lmao:

You brought it up :confused3.

uhhh...no I didn't. someone many many pages back said that was something they had done at concerts when they were younger. I agreed and said she wasn't the only one. Sorry that you weren't able to keep up with the conversation.

uhhh...no I didn't. someone many many pages back said that was something they had done at concerts when they were younger. I agreed and said she wasn't the only one. Sorry that you weren't able to keep up with the conversation.
I can follow the conversation just fine. You said:
I have also on occasion used a mens room. Usually at redsox games and Patriots games. It is illegal where I live, though men never seemed to care, lol.

YOU brought up the fact that you illegally went into the Mens room. I would not have known that you broke "actual laws" if you didn't mention it. But who cares as long as it's all good for you, eh?

I don't agree with you. Considerate and caring people do take others feelings into consideration, and just don't go around doing whatever it is they want to do. They take into account that what they do may make others uncomfortable, and do whatever they can to mitigate that.

You may be totally fine sharing a restroom with men. But others are not. The restrooms at WDW are not gender neutral, and males over a certain age have no business in the womens restroom. If I saw a man I would give him what for. Figure out how you are going to handle restroom breaks before you get to the parks, and taking into consideration how you may be offending others.

I can follow the conversation just fine. You said:

YOU brought up the fact that you illegally went into the Mens room. I would not have known that you broke "actual laws" if you didn't mention it. But who cares as long as it's all good for you, eh?

Right...in response to someone else(since you say you can follow a conversation I'm sure you noticed the quote and the word "also" in my reply, but it doesn't surprise me much if you didn't)....which is exactly how the conversation went.

Again I love the fact that you are so interested in my life to dwell on something so insignificant that happened 15 years ago. It's sort of flattering that this is so amazingly important to you. :goodvibes

I have a story about how a dad sent his two young girls into the womens room alone...

It was in a Home Depot, I was 9 months pregnant, ya know the point where you blink and you have to pee!:lmao:

So I waddle to the back of the store, there is dad standing outside, and his girls (I want to say 4 and 5) are in the stalls.

I walk in and start into my stall when I hear one of the girls crying, I ask he if she is ok, does she want me to get her dad. She says yes she cant buckle her overalls, and they are getting wet. I tell dad, he asks if I can help her. I say sure are you ok with it, he says I dont want to go in there. I said sure but there is no one in here but me. So I help the one DD when now DD#2 starts crying as well...same deal she cant get dressed.

Well at this point the baby is crushing my bladder and I need to go NOW...I yell for Dad, and tell him to get in her NOW and help his other DD, bc I cant wait. His face was priceless but he came in anyway, help his DD, I ran in the stall and he hightailed it out of there with his DDs.

No one has a problem with kids with special needs going to the bathroom with their parents. I also think that a rest area mens room is a whole 'nother animal than a WDW mens room!

:thumbsup2 I don't care if your special needs child is 18 - if you need to assist him or her, of course, bring your child into the ladies room. You NEED to. It's the "boogie man" parents that ruin it for those who actually need to bring their boys into the ladies room.

:thumbsup2 I don't care if your special needs child is 18 - if you need to assist him or her, of course, bring your child into the ladies room. You NEED to. It's the "boogie man" parents that ruin it for those who actually need to bring their boys into the ladies room.

But in all honesty, how do you KNOW that there is not a legitimate need when all you are seeing is a snapshot of that family in a quick bathroom break. You could be judging a family that does have these issues instead of the parent you deemed as paranoid...not every child is going to "look" like they need assistance and yet they do.

And since I dont know everyone's story I will assume on the side of that parent is doing what they deemed best for that child at that moment

But in all honesty, how do you KNOW that there is not a legitimate need when all you are seeing is a snapshot of that family in a quick bathroom break. You could be judging a family that does have these issues instead of the parent you deemed as paranoid...not every child is going to "look" like they need assistance and yet they do.

And since I dont know everyone's story I will assume on the side of that parent is doing what they deemed best for that child at that moment

Actually, these threads have enlightened me on the amount of boys using the ladies room for no good reason, besides the irrational fears of their parents.

Sometimes it's also not only the child using the bathroom that has special needs, but maybe another child thus making needs in the family change a little bit.

You're right, of course you don't know. I've noticed something in this thread and that is that many seem to think their opinion on someone else's life actually matters. When really like you say they've only seen a snapshot and they choose to judge others on that snapshot. However,I find more and more that is typical of people today.

Sometimes it's also not only the child using the bathroom that has special needs, but maybe another child thus making needs in the family change a little bit.

I see no reason why a typically functioning 6 or 7 year old can't use the mens room. If you are stating you can't enter the ladies room because you have an infant and wheelchair bound 4 year old, how do you go? I assume the wheelchair must be motorized, because you can't push a stroller and a wheelchair at the same time. According to your posts, it seems like you have a baby, a wheelchair bound 4 year old, a 6 year old, and a 7 year old, plus an older child. I still can't see a reason why your 6 or 7 year olds can't use the mens room, or why you can't come with them into the ladies room, since you claim you all go together when everyone has to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter