How old for single rider lines?

Thanks for all the replies. I would not have tried sending my 4.5 yr old, but I also have a 7.5 yr old and part of me was wondering if that would be ok for him, assuming DD wasn't riding and could wait with someone. I didn't know there was an official age of 7. Good to know. Thanks!

There are a couple of things you should keep in mind: is the child comfortable riding with strangers? Would they (and you) be ok if the ride breaks down while they are on it? They should be able to respond to directions that a CM may give them if the ride has to be evacuated. While it's kind of a worst case scenario, it's still a good situation to think about and something you can discuss with your child if they want to ride alone.

We started letting our twins ride single rider at age 11. The had ridden each ride before. One parent goes first, then the two girls, then the other parent.

The entire point of the single riders line is that you should not expect to be able to ride with your group. If it works out that you're in the same car with someone in your group on Test Track, cool. If not, that's how it works. Groups shoudn't ever expect to stay together if they choose single rider. Im not sure how they could make an effort to split groups up when, in the single riders line, there are no groups.

The entire point of the single riders line is that you should not expect to be able to ride with your group. If it works out that you're in the same car with someone in your group on Test Track, cool. If not, that's how it works. Groups shoudn't ever expect to stay together if they choose single rider. Im not sure how they could make an effort to split groups up when, in the single riders line, there are no groups.

What I meant is they will send ppl who are together to different cars or different lines in the car. Which is annoying for families like mine who want to ride together. We want 3 in the first row and 1 in the back (when we are a party of 4), not 2 and 2 and then single riders in the 3rd spot. It's rude to assign us like that when we've waited in line to ride together.

So every single time I moved the single riders to sit together which meant they weren't split up. Annoyed the CMs but it's better than when I asked to not have any strangers in the car for picture taking purposes. LOL (and they did comply to the no single rider request)

There are a couple of things you should keep in mind: is the child comfortable riding with strangers? Would they (and you) be ok if the ride breaks down while they are on it? They should be able to respond to directions that a CM may give them if the ride has to be evacuated. While it's kind of a worst case scenario, it's still a good situation to think about and something you can discuss with your child if they want to ride alone.

Those are very good conversations to have with kids (and parents) heading into the SR line. Since Disneyland Resort has more SR lines than WDW (as far as I know), we have the conversation with DS about DLR. There are some rides we're all comfy with him going SR (Radiator Springs Racers!) and others we're not (California Screamin'). Different rides, different possible breakdown scenarios, different answers. :)

Going by RSR b/c the seating is similar to TT, even while totally willing and ready to be on entirely different ride cycles, they have put the 2 or 3 of us in the same car or ride cycle. Not next to each other, but near. It's not what we intended at all, but it's their decision. So if TT is trying to make sure that doesn't happen, they'll be more intentional about where they are sending people.

What I meant is they will send ppl who are together to different cars or different lines in the car. Which is annoying for families like mine who want to ride together. We want 3 in the first row and 1 in the back (when we are a party of 4), not 2 and 2 and then single riders in the 3rd spot. It's rude to assign us like that when we've waited in line to ride together.

I bet they think they are doing you a favor, or at least that one person that otherwise would have to ride with no one they know next to them. Why not just say "3 and 1" when they ask how many in your party, instead of "4"? Help them out a little by letting them know up front that one of you is fine riding "alone".

ETA: as a person who is put with strangers a lot (we are a family of 3 and my guys love to ride together), I have to tell you that I am a rule follower, and would be highly unlikely to comply with your request, delmar, for me to move. Don't be surprised if you encounter people who want to follow what the CM tells us to do, not the random guest.

Oh you mean split up the group in the regular line and not the single rider group.

That's how they're trained to seat parties of four - two and two. Not three and one. It's assumed each member of the group wants to sit with another member of the group rather than having one seated alone. Most parties would see having one member sit alone as splitting up the group, so I really dont think they are assigning you 2 and 2 just to be rude. Next time, ask the cast member to seat you 3 and 1. They are not trying to put you in a configuration you don't want, it's just that they're going with what it's assumed most groups of 4 would prefer.

On our last trip, DS turned 7 while we were there and we let him do some limited single rider - usually while someone else from the family was also going as a single rider. That way, we ended up on the same ride usually - just not together. We had one scare where he got off EE and went right through the gift shop and outside instead of waiting for the rest of us like he was supposed to - but the friends we were with on that trip were outside and he wanted to be with them. So he wasn't off on his own, but it still gave us a start until we spotted him. That said, it was a good opportunity to talk to him about the rules of single ridership and why they are important. After that, he was great about waiting right where he was supposed to.

Ride breakdown never even crossed my mind!!! That would be really scary for a little kid in RNRC. I'm going to make sure DS11 knows what to do just in case-because my chicken self sure isn't riding with him! :lmao:
Thanks for that tip!!! :flower:

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter