How often to you go to Disney World?

FunDisneyMom

Earning My Ears
We haven't been in 4 years. Used to go every year.
I'm thinking it's time for Disney!
How often to you go to Disney World?

We have only been to Disney (the parks) twice....once in 2009 (the four theme parks) and last summer (the two waterparks). But we have been to Orlando 5 times in total (the first being 2009) and have purchased two annual timeshares, so we will go at least yearly from here on out, for either one two-week trip or two one-week vacations.

Our preferences, though, are not the Disney parks. Our favourites are the SeaWorld parks (SW, Aquatica and Discovery Cove). My boys also prefer Universal over Disney. Now, we almost always visit Downtown Disney on our trips, and often do a character breakfast as well, but our trips tend to be more "Orlando" vacations than Disney ones.

We tend to go every year or every second year but not always to WDW, we bounce between California Disneyland and Florida WDW. I think i am an addict...

We used to go 3-4x a year but airfares have gone way up so just twice in 2011, 2012 and 2013. Maybe only once in 2014.

Once a year since 2010, except last year we went three times. :banana: Probably just once this year though.

Well…we went to Disney in 2010, Universal in 2011, Disney in 2012, Universal in 2013 and now Disney this summer. Always stayed onsite and Disney but off site at Universal. Love it all!!!

1983 to 1996 We went once a year.. An annual family trip with my young daughters & hubby. (And at times with up to 13 extended family members in tow)
We had a WDW hiatus from 1997 to 2005.. Life got busy & at times complicated.

2006/07/08 were trips to WDW with friends. good times!

From 2009 til now.. There have been 7 more trips. The one constant has been my GS on these trips. Sometimes with his Mom(DD1) & Dad.. sometimes with his beloved Aunt & partner in crime(DD2) and often just the 2 of us off on another adventure! We are def a Disney family... <3 :)

2014.....9 days away!!!!!!! :yay:

After this trip we'll take a break for a couple of years, there are too many other places that we want to take our boys before they get too much older!

Every few months.....I am fortunate to be able to fly out of a US airport to keep costs reasonable and I have a flexible career where I can work from almost anywhere.:blush:

When I was younger, we'd go annually. Now that all of us "kids" are in our 20s, its A LOT less frequent - about once every two-four years.

We go yearly, but have gone twice a year a couple of times, not solely Disney, more Florida, with the majority of our time in Orlando. We usually pick about 3 things to do. This year we are doing Hollywood studios, seaworld, a hockey game in Tampa, and possibly a dinner theatre.

We were going twice a year. Then we dropped to once a year. This year I don't think we'll go at all. We've been saying for awhile it's time to do something else. That's not a bad thing:). It's too soon after the last trip to know if we'll be missing it by next winter, and I know if we go away I'd like it to be somewhere warm, but beyond that we just aren't sure.

3 to 4 times a year over the past 10 years with Disneyland and Aulani mixed in. We used to fly out of Buffalo but have switched to the cheaper Spirit Airlines flights out of Detroit to keep the costs down. Being flexible and only flying during Disney's and airline's lower priced seasons makes it still reasonable. I just wish we had those $32 Buffalo flights with our Disney World Annual Passes in years gone by that made it cheaper to go to Disney than vacationing in Ontario.

I think it's definitely about time!! Haha

Honestly, I've been down there every month since Sept…whoops!! :lmao: Although I am a single 25 year old girl who works 2 full time jobs, and am an annual passholder, so that really helps with being able to afford it.

So far I've been once in Jan, have another audition in 2 weeks, a full week trip planned for May, 2 weeks in Sept, and another week in Nov! :D

As often as I can convince my wife that we need another Disney vacation. I purposely purchased extra DVC points and tell her that they have to be used up. There are always all inclusives mixed in between Disney trips but I could be quite content with just going to Florida

We go a lot. Actually, I was just looking through some photographs and was amazed at how often my kids have been there. We have averaged two or three visits a year for the past 8 years. (With two planned for this year - one solo for the princess half marathon and another in the fall for food and wine.)

I do think this is going to start to taper off now for a few reasons: 1. My DS's are getting older and there are other things they want to do and other things I want to do with them. 2. I'm not loving MM+/FP+. 3. We just went on a Disney cruise this past fall and we had a blast, so we are considering just switching from parks to ships.

Every other year to Orlando. We own a couple of timeshare weeks in Orlando, but we'll trade out every other year (six weeks until Myrtle Beach :cool1:).

On the early trips it was pretty much all Disney, but now that the kids are older we add in alot of non-Disney fun too. But there is always a good Disney component to our trips - we still have only about half-used our latest 10-day WPFAM NE tickets. Since they last 3-4 trips, we only have a really heavy investment every 6-8 years.

I think it's definitely about time!! Haha

Honestly, I've been down there every month since Sept…whoops!! :lmao: Although I am a single 25 year old girl who works 2 full time jobs, and am an annual passholder, so that really helps with being able to afford it.

So far I've been once in Jan, have another audition in 2 weeks, a full week trip planned for May, 2 weeks in Sept, and another week in Nov! :D

:wave2: It's nice to see another Canadian who types in Dark Orchid font and enjoys heading down to WDW whenever possible!
pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter