How often does this happen?

DSanJose

Earning My Ears
I am new to dvc. And today was the start of my 7 months for the trip that I want to go on. I call MS 3 times, starting at 9am (6am My time) and they said there computers are down, and on my last call they said to call back tomorrow. Is this just a normal thing with DVC? Sorry, just frustrated.

it is quite abnormal, we've held membership for 2-3 years. This is the first time I've experienced this. I, like you, am quite annoyed.

I was told I would need to call tomorrow. They can't put a message up on the phone? instead of advertising to me and wasting my time?

Thanks. Good to know it's not normal. I will just set my alarm for 6am tomorrow, and try again.

DVC/Disney has been going through computer "upgrades" the last several months, and there have been a few times where the systems crash inexpectedly. I would say it is rare, but certainly not unheard of for the computers to be down both for DVC and Disney cash reservations.

When we were there in December, the entire resort reservation, check-in and dining systems were down for several hours for upgrades.

hopefully one of these days we can manage our res ourselves and hangout in the 21st century :)

I actually dread the online system, considering how glitchy the current system is. I foresee a LOT of problems when it goes online.

I actually dread the online system, considering how glitchy the current system is. I foresee a LOT of problems when it goes online.

I'm with you on that one Chuck! If they can't get their act together on this new system after 2 months what the heck are they going to do with online booking? Besides...They have been promising online booking for going on 4 years now. Each year they say "by the end of the year", and we are still waiting. That tells me it isn't going so well!:confused3

I'm so frustrated also. Terrible that they make you go all the way through the menu items to be told to call back tomorrow. I have been a DVC member for 5 years and I've had it happen a few times. Grrrrrrrr :mad:

I was trying to get through today also. At least I wasn't looking to book at a critical 11 month or 7 month window. :eek:
This is the first time I can remember being told the systems were down all day without advance notice.

Well, being this is the first time I have ever called Member Services for anything, I just got really worried. I was wondering what did I get myself into. I was starting to regret joining.

I just sent the online reservation form, maybe there computers will magically fix, and since they will have no calls, they can fill out the online request. :)

I still plan on waking up early and calling MS.

I have to agree with you, Chuck. I can think of a ton of problems that might occur because of this. One being the race to capture room availability and their system or even people's computers lagging and losing a room because of it. What a nightmare! Unless it works flawlwssly, and you know nothing ever does, I will most likely continue to call to make my rezzies.

grr! i'm at my 11 month window and i get a message that i have to call back tomorrow!

11 months from now is the WDW marathon! hello!! we need to PLAN!!!!!

waaaaah!

These communication problems have happened more frequently. I tried calling the 407 number for Disney today to make ADRs and got a message saying there were problems, to try again.

At least they have now posted a message saying their systems are down and to call back tomorrow.

Guess I'm glad I didn't get time to call for my January 2012 reservations today. However, it sounds like it could be quite busy tomorrow!:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter