How often do you wear perfume/cologne?

How often do you wear perfume/cologne?

• every day

• once a week or so

• only on special occassions

• other...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Every day. I tend to rotate them each week and I have cold and warm weather perfumes :) Currently i'm using DKNY Red Delicious. My bf wears cologne every day aswell and I think it's nice on a man as long as it's not something cheap and nasty :eek:

Actually if something says "unscented" it may still contain a fragrance but if it says "fragrance free" it's devoid of any scents or fragrances. I always look at the ingredients on the back of the product to make sure.

You didn't understand what I said.

What I was saying is that those ingredients listed on the containers may have a base ingredient that includes some fragrance. Most products are a conglomeration of other ingredients that are made up of yet more ingredients.
As long as they don't include a separate fragrance, they can say fragrance free.
This was discussed in an article a few years back. I'd have to see if I can find it.

Trust me. My sense of smell for these things is better than most people. Not to mention the fact that some of these "unscented" and "fragrance free" products still cause me to break out in an allergic rash.
I've had this problem since the early 90's. I've spent more than 15 years trying "fragrance free" and "unscented" products.

I can also smell residue from dried febreeze. Most people can't smell it, but I can.

Daily. I even spray it at night before bed. I believe it brings on sweet dreams :cool1:

I am totally addicted as well.

I voted Other....almost Never...DH has a very sensitive nose and most perfumes bother him. I do use scented bubble baths/ body waash, but that's it. I even have to be careful with hairspray...certain ones will just make him sneeze constantly.

You didn't understand what I said.

What I was saying is that those ingredients listed on the containers may have a base ingredient that includes some fragrance. Most products are a conglomeration of other ingredients that are made up of yet more ingredients.
As long as they don't include a separate fragrance, they can say fragrance free.
This was discussed in an article a few years back. I'd have to see if I can find it.

Trust me. My sense of smell for these things is better than most people. Not to mention the fact that some of these "unscented" and "fragrance free" products still cause me to break out in an allergic rash.
I've had this problem since the early 90's. I've spent more than 15 years trying "fragrance free" and "unscented" products.

I can also smell residue from dried febreeze. Most people can't smell it, but I can.
I think I get what you're saying. Even if a frangrance isn't added to a product the other ingredients still have a scent.

I really can sympathize. My grandmother has had severe MCS since she was a little girl and it's been passed down to my aunt, my mom and me. I don't have it as bad as the rest of my family but I know exactly what kind of reactions occur from it. With us it's usually terrible headaches and nausea but my grandmother has also had heart palpitations and blood in her urine.

I wear cologne daily. I have about 10 that I use and rotate though.

I use:
  • Paris Hilton for Men
  • Just Me by Paris for Men
  • Heir by Paris for Men
  • American Eagle Real
  • Soul by Curve by Liz Clabourne
  • DKNY Red Delicious for Men
  • Bond New York's Bleeker Street
  • Bond New York's West Side
  • Bond New York's New Harlem
  • Bond New York's Chez Bond
  • Bond New York's Wall Street

I know it might bother some people, but I do apply rather heavily most of the time. But I am told often that I smell amazing, so I keep it up. The last five are my favorites, but were the most expensive, so I seldom use them

I only wear cologne when there's something really important going on, and given my lack of interest in dating lately that has been rarely if ever.

I do like Dolce & Gabanna "Light Blue" for men though.

Everyday a lil spritz! Here are some I have:

Cool Water

Ck One

Escape

Fantasy

Tommy Girl

and more

I wear it whenever I don't have to work in the office. So it is not special occasion and more than once a week.

My vote was for other. I never wear perfume, I get migranes easily and most scents trigger them.

I voted the same way for the same reason ::yes::

I love perfume, and I used to be able to wear it, but not anymore:sad2: As soon as I put it on, I can feel my neck stiffin up, and the headache begin - it's awful!!!! I wouldn't wish it on anyone :sad2:

Never. Ivory soap and unscented lotions. I work with cancer patients and it’s an understood courtesy not to wear colognes, perfumes or heavy lotions. Many scents can make the patients violently ill. It's not to say there is ALWAYS someone that wears way too much of some foul scent. One day a prior person with some horrible perfume had gone into the elevator and their scent was still lingering. :eek: It was a gagging ride up seven floors. I should have found the stairs.

I wear perfume very day-one spritz. I love perfume but hate when you can smell someone a foot away. Two instances stand out to me-the first was when my ds was in the hospital overnight last year for some testing. We had our own room for most of the day and then at around 7 pm a little girl came in and her father stunk from cologne. It was all I could smell all night and was making me sick:eek: Then last week, DH and I went out to dinner and just when we were waiting for the check a group of 4 couples came in and sat 2 tables away from us. The smell of cologne on one of the men was horrible-I was so glad that we were done or I honestly would've had to move. Subtle, people, it should be subtle!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter